- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related disciplines
- 5 to 8 years of experience in development/network systems/infrastructure/Production Support
- Hands on experience with distributed and/or enterprise applications
- Knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system
- Able to write complex scripts and automation (using any one of Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python).
- Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong understanding of support processes – handling tickets, monitoring, processes and metrics
- Ability to solve complex problems independently.
- Familiarity with load balancers, network components and infrastructure components
- Strong as an individual contributor creating and managing standard operating procedures and internal processes
Amazon Go is a store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Check it out at amazon.com/go.
Our approach to problems is entrepreneurial. You will be challenged to invent, create and solve challenging problems as well as wear many hats and collaborate in an environment that’s more startup than big company. You will need a strong ability to troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues.
As a Support Engineer (Technical Operations Center Engineer), you seek resolution to problems and mitigate risk, always ensuring a Customer Obsessed experience has occurred. You will be working on services with a direct impact on the customer experience. If you are excited about the opportunity to learn and work on distributed systems, enjoy trouble shooting and solving complex problems, consider the opportunities to work with Amazon Go.
You will help solve a variety of challenges and offer your expertise in growing the knowledge of your peers via team collaboration. We consistently whiteboard so be comfortable writing and supporting your ideas on the team board. You will play an active role in defining the support processes for technologies in partnership with other technology leaders within and possibly outside the team. You should be comfortable with a level of ambiguity that’s higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving big challenges. You will also mentor other engineers in your area of expertise. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll work hard, have fun and impact many customers!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Proven track record of service improvement and optimization in production
- Exposure to processes improvement techniques. Operational Excellence is definitely an added advantage
- Experience with any programming languages
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills for technical and business audiences.