India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Focuses on delivering accurate, high quality, personalized customer service to employees, retirees (where applicable), managers and global Human Resources. Receives and responds to inquiries and transaction requests regarding our HCM system, payroll, benefits, policies, G&Me support and general human resource matters. Also responsible for process ownership, ongoing audits, and continuous improvements.
Manage the desk by resolving employees by utilizing our Case Management system.
90% of Time
Responding to Inquiries
- Provides guidance to assist the employees, managers and HR with the self-service features of G&Me and our HCM system, ensures that the inquiry is resolved in a timely manner
- Follow the set process, steps outlined in the policy/ process while responding to employees
- Determines when appropriate to escalate to functional specialist.
- Ensures that calls, cases and chats are responded to in a professional and timely manner and enters all information into the Case Management System.
- Works closely with functional departments (e.g., Benefits, Payroll, HR) to ensure process efficiency and the accuracy of information being utilized.
- Understands local regulatory requirements for all areas supported
- Receives and processes in-bound requests regarding personnel administration, payroll, benefit and Workday transactions. Transactions are to be entered into tenant accurately, as appropriate for the action requested. This requires strong attention to detail and working knowledge of functional requirements (HR, payroll and benefit rules, procedures and regulations).
Research and Customer Follow-Up
- Performs background research and follow-up activities needed to resolve requests that cannot be resolved at the time of initial contact.
- Conducts necessary communications with GMI functional specialists and outside vendors, as appropriate, to resolve the issue(s) and communicate results/findings with the customer.
Process, Policy, and System Improvements
- Identifies, reports, and troubleshoots any conditions relating to systems or service centre processes that may be adversely affecting customer satisfaction.
- Suggests and assists in the implementation of methods to update, simplify and improve HR Direct processes, procedures and technologies to enhance service provided to customers or improve departmental effectiveness.
- Recommends enhancements to G&Me or other employee communication information that will ease employee self service.
Adhere to Service Level Agreements
- Customer Service Score
- Call Quality Assurance Score
- Response time of 24 hours (SLA Breach)
- Minimum Ring on and No Answer (RONA)
- Any other SLAs laid down from time to time
20% of Time
1. Create Templatized letters for Regions (Attestations, Bonafides, Service Lettersetc)
2. Coordinate with stakeholders as needed with regards to completion of letters
3. Save drafts in folders.
4. Maintain Letter tracker
Education and Experience
Minimum Degree Requirements:
Preferred Degree Requirements:
Preferred Major Area of Study:
Any Graduate degree
Required Professional Certifications:
French Language Certification
Preferred Professional Certifications:
Minimum years of related experience required:
1-2 years in managing query
Preferred years of related experience:
2-3 years in managing query
Language Required French proficiency verbal, written and reading required.
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
- Demonstrated inventory management, customer service, and production forecasting skills
- Can prioritize and complete multiple tasks on tight deadlines
Demonstrate a customer service mindset.
Excellent Communication skills.
Should have a process based & Continuous Improvement approach
Judgement & Decision Making
Negotiation & Influencing Skills
Technology Knowledge Preferred
2. Service Now
Competencies/Behaviors required for job
Click here to view full functional competencies
- Energizes and develops people
- Anticipates market trends that will impact competitive advantage
1. Credible Influence – Is friendly & approachable to different audiences. Utilizes effective listening skills
2. Navigates the organization - Knows how the organization works — its structure, processes, systems, culture, and cross-boundary relationships. Designs, manages, implements, and adapts (as appropriate) key HR processes to improve organizational performance
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.