ASEAN & South Asia-India-Chennai
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- Risk & Compliance, Reporting & Change Management (RCRCM) Unit faces the Group Risk Function with a peripheral support to CEO CIB Function.
- It handles wide spectrum of activities to support the Enterprise Risk Analytics, Traded Risk Management, Risk & Compliance Reporting and Change management teams of the Group Risk.
- The unit is also currently expanding itself to support the CEO CIB Office with Credit Portfolio Management. Current opening is in the below space:
Traded Risk Management - Limits Monitoring Team
Limits Monitoring Team performs monitoring of credit limit breaches for traded credit risk products. The monitoring is done on the business day after the Trade date and potential unauthorised excesses are reported to the TRM world. The team is involved in investigation of the Potential unauthorised excesses, by communicating/ conversing with the traders and respective TRM region. Team is also involved in generation of MI relating to Excess Email approvals, Open Excess reports and monthly reports like Vigilance reports, Unknown Issue Issuer mapping report etc. for various stakeholders encompassing the Group Market & Traded credit Risk teams and Group – Risk COO office. Mainly volume driven unit where emphasis Is also on financial markets product knowledge
- Help to ensure appropriate BAU controls being established and deployed effectively in GBS.
- Help to support new Business requests through Product programmes and Country addendums
- Help to look for possibilities of leveraging on synergy within the various processes through automation thereby bringing in improvements.
- Help the team to pursue the strategic intent and agenda for RCRCM
- Help to improve client experience through more efficient and effective processing in tandem with Risk, Client Coverage and Front Office users.
Limits Monitoring Team
- Daily Limits Monitoring on FM transactions based on the utilization information received from Adaptive Credit Risk (ACR)
- Investigation of excesses with Sales/ Traders and liaising with TRM in closure of excesses
- Involvement in UAT on ACR releases and trading platform migration (eg: Feds to Razor implementation)
- Handle volume pressure and work proactively with the team to resolve the excesses much before SLA
People and Talent
- Compliance with all relevant process procedure, guidelines, rules & regulations
- To work and solve problems independently and be able to work in a deadline oriented environment
- Embed new Operational Risk framework into monitoring processes and report any escalations to Management.
- Monthly monitoring of CST and performance measurement of KCIs
- Work closely with Operational Excellence & Change management team members to understand key issues and processes and drive automation of processes.
- Adherence to mandatory certifications and operational requirements
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Group Traded Risk Management(TRM)
- Group Enterprise Risk Management Team
- Group Risk & Compliance Infrastructure and change management
- Associated Technology partners
- Business desks
- GBS Management team
- Participate in at least 2 days of volunteering per year
- Participate in engagement activities of Risk Ops and GBS
- Be motivated and actively engage in activities like innovation and automation initiatives
- To hold assigned roles of First Aider / Fire Warden / ADCC as appropriate and discharge the expected responsibilities.
- Post-Graduation in Finance with relevant 3+ yrs experience, Risk Certifications from established institutions is recommended
- FRM Certified candidates will be preferred
- Any technical Certification in MS Office Advanced tools / SQL / Tableau / SAS/ will be preferred
- General Skill Set:
1. Strong knowledge in banking products across asset classes (FX/Rates/ Equity/ Credit and Commodities)
2. Awareness of trading environment, macroeconomic fundamentals, market moves & potential impact on exposures.
3. Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
4. Ability to work under pressure
5. Have excellent attention to detail
6. Be able to work in a global team
7. Expertise in programming language is not required but good to have
8. Working knowledge in MS Excel, Access
9. Knowledge about Market and Credit Risk
10. Documentation skills
11. Working knowledge of the Group’s businesses, governance structure and approach to risk management.
12. Familiar with infrastructure change projects and is able to understand the project lifecycle in order to challenge status commentary and milestones
13. Experience in team admin tasks/cost controller/project accountant role with familiarity to SCB project management standards / tools would be a distinct advantage
14. Experience in Agile framework
15. Significant Experience in major regulatory programs in the Risk/Finance, Banking industry – BCBS,IMM,CVA etc
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.