Private Banking and Wealth
ASEAN & South Asia-India-Chennai
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- To discharge operational duties of the PvB payments unit instructed by the Manager/Associate Manager of the Unit and ensure that the established service standards are met.
- To provide support to all the products and services assigned to them.
- To perform the necessary authorization/checks on the processing and ensure that the standards and benchmarks set for the section are being adhered to as stipulated by guidelines.
- To ensure adherence to all required controls and procedures as detailed in the DOI.
- To maintain a positive working relationship with personnel of the other sections/divisions of the bank.
- To highlight to the Manager/Associate Manager the training needs of any staff within the unit
- Participate in reviews of Operational Risks plus Legal & Compliance requirements along with the Manager/Associate Manager and give inputs.
- To undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls and suggest amendments as appropriate.
- Assist in coordinating, facilitating and promoting understanding of operational risk and in implementation and management of OR within the Unit.
- Compliance with the Departmental Operating Instructions manual and within the Timeliness and accuracy standards specified.
- Continuous Improvement in Productivity to the standards prescribed for the Processes from time to time.
- Upholding the Values of the Group and Company at all times
- Compliance with all applicable Rules/ Regulations and Company and Group
- Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable and reporting all suspicious Transactions to the Line Manager.
- Primarily authorize Loans, Mortgages, Limits, Facility Letters, Term Deposits etc within the TAT agreed with CPC in the SLA and also other functions as required by Manager/Associate Manager
- Perform Client Instruction Procedure and Signature Verification in M3 eOps submitted by Front Officer Users
- Reconciliation for all the products / process must be completed on the same day with no exceptions.
- Ensure that the team must not share System ID and maintain secrecy of passwords.
- Assist Manager/Associate Manager in preparation of KCS/KCSA/KPI as per GOR Policy by providing necessary input thereby ensuring it is completed and submitted in time. All deviations / exceptions known is to be highlighted to the Manager/Associate Manager
- Operations loss to be minimized and brought down to “Zero”.
- Department Operating Authority (DOA) must be adhered to without any deviations.
- Participate in SLA review along with the Manager by giving inputs on process / timeliness / volumes etc. thereby ensuring completion within the agreed time frame.
- Assist the Manager/Associate Manager in training the newcomers within the agreed time frame documented in the training manual.
- Assist Manager/Associate Manager in new migration as per IRD/BID including BCP test before migration.
- Review DOI pertaining to the section / product / process handled and ensure it is updated/ current and fully complied with.
- Ensure that authorized signatory list is complied with and highlight to the Manager/Associate Manager of the Unit in case of any deviations.
- Provide inputs to the Dashboard in terms of volumes / error / process shortfall / late scan / bunching etc. so that the Manager/Associate Manager can effectively take it up with CPC
- No reconciliation shortfall / backlog.
- Escalation Policy to be complied with.
- Assist Manager/Associate Manager in BCP plan and BIA by giving necessary inputs as required and within the agreed time frame.
- Assist unit in carrying out the BCP test successfully and give the backup papers to Manager/Associate Manager for completion of Test plan.
- Ensure that Physical access to Payment area / Unit must be controlled and highlight to Manager/Associate Manager immediately on any unauthorized access.
- Archival must be as per policy
- Participate actively in the Q12 Impact plan for the unit and assist the Manager/Associate Manager in case of any responsibilities allocated which is to be completed / implemented within the agreed time frame.
- Unit must be in audit preparedness / ready at any point of time.
- Assist the Manager/Associate Manager in ensuring that audit points highlighted and measures implemented are followed without any deviations within agreed time frame. There should be no repeat findings.
- Key Management and Key Control if allocated must be strictly followed with no compromise on security.
- Handover and take over policy to be complied with.
- Assist Manager/Associate Manager in the Process risk review for the unit by identifying the risk areas, compensating controls to be implemented and followed.
- AML procedure to be complied with and all reporting as per Group requirement must be done within the agreed time frame.
- To initiate and successfully follow up quality projects and productivity / workflow improvement reviews.
- To help in the functioning of the other teams in Credit Operations as and when requested by immediate Supervisor / Head, Payments
- To support the Vice- President/ Associate Vice-President/Manager/Associate Manager in carrying out any special projects / task.
- To help the Team/Unit in maintaining the cost budget as to be set up from time to time and to provide ideas for ongoing reductions.
- To respond to the Incident Reports raised for any customer complaints/ losses to report unit’s OR issues and losses to UORM
- To assist UORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk Management
- To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and approach
- To identify and report all exceptions on noncompliance with standard controls
- To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
- To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities
- To maintain independence in the conduct of KCSA i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions
- Other functional Officers within SCB Group.
- Managers / Officers of GMC, GMO, R&I under Shared Service Centre for Operational issues.
- BCM office for BCP and Risk.
- QA team for internal quality audit.
- Efficient functioning of the Unit.
- Effectively reducing the error rate & Adherence to the service standards.
- Adhering to risk and regulations.
- Changed requirements of the GBS
- Effective Cost Control of the Team + Unit as a whole and aim for reduction on an ongoing basis.
- Readiness for Audits – External/Internal.
- Focus and Discipline
- Build performance culture
- Customer Focused
- Living our values
- No overdue KCSA
- Noncompliance and control weaknesses inherent in the selected samples are detected and duly reported
- No unsatisfactory compliance reviews and audits on the conduct of KCSA and record Keeping
- Maintaining robust controls and monitoring
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.