Manages security for more than one IT functional area (e.g., data, systems, network and/or web) across the enterprise. Assists in the oversight of security policies and procedures (e.g., user log-on and authentication rules, security breach escalation procedures, security auditing procedures, and use of firewalls and encryption routines). Prepares status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures. Responsible for the tracking and monitoring of software viruses. Enforces security policies and procedures by administering and monitoring security profiles, reviews security violation reports and investigates possible security exceptions, updates, and maintains and documents security controls.
Provides direct support to the business and IT staff for security related issues. Educates IT and the business about security policies and consults on security issues regarding user built/managed systems. Represents the security needs of the organization by providing expertise and assistance in all IT projects with regards to security issues. Must have extensive knowledge in networking, databases, systems and/or web operations. Performs security administration, develops enterprise security strategies, management of security projects, and resolves security issues.
Essential Job Functions
1. Using and configuring a SEIM to monitor and investigate cybersecurity events.
2. Developing and implementing incident response procedures.
3. Analyzing the results and administering vulnerability scanners and web application scanners.
4. Working with other teams to understand, prioritize, and address security vulnerabilities.
5. Firewall, IPS and proxy server administration
6. Being a member of an incident response team.
7. Implementing and administering endpoint protection solutions
8. Supporting investigations by gathering, analyzing data, and reporting finding
Duties - cont'd
1. Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related technical field is required.
2. Required to obtain a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification within one year of employment.
3. Additional security certifications preferred.
1. Three years experience in IT security required.
2. Five years in UNIX, Linux, network, and/or Microsoft Windows system administration required.
3. Broad hands-on knowledge of network and security components, including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, anti-virus software, data encryption, and other industry-standard techniques and practices required.
4. Strong knowledge of IP, TCP/IP, and other network administration protocols, including their vulnerabilities and solutions required.
5. Working knowledge of applicable practices and laws relating to data privacy and protection required.
6. Technical proficiency with Checkpoint Firewall-I preferred.
7. One-year experience of project management preferred.