We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Purpose of the Job
The train movements are controlled by ATC System in a safe way. The Trackside ATC is responsible to send to Trainborne ATC the track conditions that allow entering in a given segment. Those conditions could be: point machines at right position, track clear, speed restriction, route set, etc. The Trainborne ATC compares the information received from Trackside ATC against train actual conditions (speed, position, track, direction) and can restrict its movement if there is any risk to go over a safe limit.
The ATC System Designer is part of the Project Engineering Team under the coordination of ATC Design Leader. He /She develops ATC system architecture, trackside and trainborne, defining and allocating requirements, evaluating design trade-offs, balancing technical risk, defining and assessing interfaces, keeping close coordination with verification and validation activities and with project deployment activities, in line with the system roadmap.
- Operational Reporting : Project Engineering manager or Project ATC Leader
- Hierarchical / Functional Reporting : Department Manager
Network & Links
- Part of the Core Project Team and works closely with the :
- Project ATC Leader
- Department Head
- Team Members
- Deliver the content of Work Packages by achieving the agreed QCD commitment ensuring robust design and implementation as per customer requirements.
- Understanding and adapting of ALSTOM rules and processes
- Delivers on time with Quality as agreed in Work Package
Key performance Indicators
- Build know how of Alstom products and processes
- Adhering to technical processes and project engineering V Cycle
- Prelim Design, Detailed Design and ensuring implementation of design.
- QCD is as per WP commitment
- Could be assigned to more than one project
- Independently applies extensive expertise as a generalist or specialist to meet company standards and customer requirements including the design of complex new / modified products/ systems.
- Defines specifications for new or modified products / systems in area of specialization to meet contract requirements.
- Develops solutions to complex problems requiring innovation and creativity. Provides technical leadership to individuals or teams in resolving problems as defined above.
- Advises and provides technical direction on assigned project(s) to other technical staff reporting within same project(s).
Domain/Keywords to be used to search the above talent:
- BE/BTech in Electrical/Electronics/instrumentation
- Minimum 6-8 experience in rail signaling/Automation domain.
- Experience in product engineering to meet customer's operational, performance and functional requirements.
- Knowledge of system engineering lifecycle and related concepts.
- Preferably worked on any of the system type - ERTMS / CBTC/ Fixed Block ATC Systems, in Design.
- Strong Systems Thinking mindset / acumen and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of V Cycle and processes related to project engineering in a safety critical domain.
- ATC, ERTMS, ETCS, Mainline, PTC, System Engineering, System Design, System Requirement, Architecture, System Integration, Requirement Management, Specifications, and Traceability, System Validation.
- Flexible and resilience to work on multiple projects at a time
- Team orientation
- Aptitude to propose design applying sound design decisions and translating it into working functionalities during implementation phase.
- Aptitude to think in an integrative manner to identify and solve potential problems in design implementation.
- Effective communication, Stakeholder Management
Innovation & Creativity
- Suggest improvements in the process by applying new methods/techniques for quality throughput.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is a lever to running a sustainable and successful business. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected.