Job Profile :
System Administrator, AIX
Job Location :
Experience Required :
Job Description :
• Daily tasks – AIX installation
- Patch management.
- Tape backup
- Hardware health checkup.
- Stop / start, reboot OS as and when required.
- Housekeeping activities like storage and LVM management and same shall include
o Create and manage filesystems including extend, reduce, set and change attributes, etc.
o Create and manage logical volumes including extend, reduce, set and change attributes, etc.
o Create and manage volume groups including extend, reduce, set and change attributes, etc.
- Manage physical and virtual devices including multi pathing.
- Manage storage devices (traditional disk, Solid State Drives, and tape) including redundancy (RAID).
- Server monitoring and management.
- CPU/Memory/Disk Space management
- Maintaining system logs
- Cluster logs
- Parameter tuning Maintaining server health check
- Security management configuration- Server OS Hardening as per the Bank Policy
- Ensure that the SCD (Standard Configuration Document) related configuration is done on OS (Services, policies etc.) This will be done as per Bank’s Policy during initial
install and configuration of new product stack and application migration all SCDs would be implemented as per bank’s policy.
- OS Hardening as per VAPT Report on quarterly basis.
- Configure AIX security tools as per VAPT requirement
- Daily utilization reports of all the servers in the environment and forward same to customer.
- Raise and track PMRs as and when required for AIX support & big fix.
- Develop and maintain documentation about current environment setup, standard operating procedures, and best practices.
- Necessary support for H/W and OS health checkups during DR Drill.
- Support for production roll out