The Senior Manager for Events, will be a part of an eight-member, National Marketing and Communications team. They will ensure the design, conceptualization and execution for high-stakes events for Teach For India. They will report directly to the Communications and Marketing Director and take on the responsibilities of delivering ambitious, inspiring, and impactful events for a diverse group of stakeholders.
This role envisions a dedicated leader who will take ownership of all internal as well as external events for the organisation. You will be someone who loves multitasking, working with a diverse group of people with expertise in Vendor Management, Show-Running and Event Execution. The role will be instrumental in hosting events ranging from Theatrical Productions, Funding Events, Book Launches, and Special Events showcasing the Students, Fellows, Alumni for Teach For India. As the Senior Manager for Events, you will be responsible for managing people/teams/venues/vendors spread across 7 locations in India.
You will also envision how Teach For India could get visibility, partner and collaborate with existing and relevant events in India. (Ranging from, but limited to - Literature and Music Festivals, Conclaves and Events on Education, Media, Design, Policy, TEDx, Book Fairs, etc.)
Through your work, you will amplify the voices of important stakeholders:
Friends of Teach For India
What Teach For India Can Offer You
1) A challenging yet flexible workplace in which every individual employee’s staff journey is tracked for excellence and leadership development.
2) A work environment in which employees’ holistic well-being is a core priority, enabling people to be their best selves.
3) The opportunity to be part of one of the most established and visionary movements in the education sector in India which is at a pivotal point in terms of expanding its scale and outreach across the nation and working with changemakers across the country.
4) Access to connections and resources from the global Teach For All network that includes partner organisations spanning 48 countries across 6 continents.
5) Remuneration that is competitive with Indian NGO pay scales and a benefits package that includes extensive medical insurance and maternity coverage for both parents
Envision, develop and execute inspiring, high impact events; both external and internal.
Vendor Management and Negotiation, Collateral Management, Show-Running and Event Execution along with the ability to engage in Event Costings, Post and Pre Event Running and Job Cost Analysis Planning.
Leading a large, pan India and diverse team for Event Management
Outline a National Events Guideline - train and norm teams around it
Capture the event in a variety of formats (pictures, videos, anecdotes, etc.) to share on our digital platforms, with media, for donor and organisational reports.
Devising and presenting ideas and strategies
Ideation / conceptualisation, coordination and implementation of promotional activities
Strategic tie-ups with key partners
Compiling and distributing financial and statistical information around the events
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
4+ years of event and team management work experience
Ability to evaluate partnerships, identify synergies, enable collaboration towards a larger purpose
Exceptional project management skills
Strong communication skills (written and spoken, individual and group)
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
A Bachelor’s or a Master’s Degree in any field
Previous volunteering/teaching/education experience
Deep-rooted passion towards social change
Orientation towards innovation (openness, risk-taking, problem-solving, embracing failure) and scale (strategic thinking, identification of key levers, making bets)
Creativity to design powerful experiences