Requisition Title:Officer - Export Logistics - Vadodara
Primary Location:IND-GJ-Vadiwadi, Vadodara
Introduction about the Business_1
A US $40 billion corporation the Aditya Birla Group is in the League of Fortune 500. It is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136000 employees belonging to 42 different nationalities. The Group operates in 36 countries Australia Austria Bangladesh Brazil Canada China Egypt France Germany Hungary India Indonesia Italy Ivory Coast Japan Korea Laos Luxembourg Malaysia Myanmar Philippines Poland Russia Singapore South Africa Spain Sri Lanka Sweden Switzerland Tanzania Thailand Turkey UAE UK USA and Vietnam.Grasim Industries Limited an Aditya Birla Group company ranks among India's largest private sector companies. Grasims Pulp & Fibre business is a pioneer in Viscose Staple Fibre VSF a manmade wholly biodegradable fibre with characteristics akin to cotton. An extremely versatile and easily blendable fibre VSF is widely used in apparels home textiles dress material knitted wear and nonwoven applications. Grasims Pulp & Fibre business is the world's largest producer of Viscose Staple Fibre with consistent global market leadership.It operates in an integrated value chain involving plantation which the business has taken up in Lao PDR pulp manufacturing India Canada and Sweden and Fibre manufacturing India Indonesia Thailand and China.A Global Leader with operations in seven countries the Pulp & Fibre business touches customers across 63 countries with its brand Birla Cellulose.
1. Logistic Operation (Exports) - To plan, coordinate & supervise logistics and dispatch of VSF to overseas customers in a timely and cost effective manner. Also responsible for logistics of chemical product in time bound and cost effective way. Ensuring close co-ordination between plant, production planning, shipping line, CHA, Transporter, Surveyor & Port to meet and exceed customer expectations. Ensuring proper planning and execution of export orders. Proper logistics arrangement to meet the customers need and deadlines. Ensuring timely release of DO from shipping lines in turn enable transporters to place vehicles as per agreed lead time. Taking up with shipping lines for any operation related disputed issues faced. Complying statutory requirements as required by manufacturing units of Pulp & Fibre business.
2. Vendor Management - Ensure preparation of periodic MIS for vendor performance and disputed cases of export invoices. Ensure timely Payment to Logistics Service Providers as per agreed rates, terms and conditions Regular interaction with vendors to ensure we get the best services at times Source alternate vendors who meet our quality and cost standards.
3. Systems & Processes - Benchmark existing systems & process vis a vis competitors to identify best practices. Look for opportunities to continuously improve existing systems & processes by automation, new software etc to achieve customer delight.
4. Logistic cost optimisation - Control the cost by taking initiatives in developing automisation in the existing process/practice of working.
5. Management Information System and record keeping. - Creating and maintaining meaningful MIS and reports for top management for all 3 manufacturing units.
B.Com. with 3-5 yrs experience in Export Logistics
Indian Rupee (INR)
3 - 5 Years
Reports to: General Manager
Last Date of Application
Jan 6, 2020, 6:29:00 PM