Vacancy No VN830
Employment Type Permanent
Location Country India
Location City Chennai
Who are V.Group? As a global leader in ship management and marine services, we add value to a vessel’s operations. Operating around the clock and around the world, V.Group gives every client the quality and efficiency they need in every sector. Covering crew management and recruitment, quality ship management and technical services, together with supporting management and commercial services, V.Group has an unrivalled industry knowledge with performance assured. Our values, We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver, are at the heart of everything we do and they support our strategy of Investing in Talent. We are always interested in making contact with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service, for internal and external stakeholders.
Overall Purpose of The Job To provide a high level of Support for the systems within SeaTec. Communicating with end users and helping to resolve any problems they have. Responsible for the development, maintenance, administration and data entry of the SeaTec systems
Work within the Support infrastructure and carry out the duties required from helpdesk support to project support.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks • Responsible for data quality and data entries in the SeaTec systems
- Responsible for operation and management of our information service.
- Responsible for system troubleshooting and users support
- Assist in the development and maintenance of systems in liaison with internal stakeholders.
- Act as PM for new system development
- Backup functions as required
- Ensure that:
o data remains consistent across the database
o data is clearly defined
o users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs
o there is provision for data security and recovery control (ensuring all data is retrievable in an emergency).
- monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users
- maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- assist in controllling access permissions and privileges
- develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- work closely with IT project managers, database programmers and multimedia programmers
- Strictly adhere to the policies and procedures put in place by the VGroup VMS and IT policy documents.
- Being the first point of contact to users and maintaining a professional manner when dealing with users and peers.
- Enforcing the IT security policy and procedures.
- Attending remote Office Visits and providing the support required.
- Helpdesk administration as required
- Work within SLA laid down by IT management.
Required Experience Personal
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with end users.
- Good Communication skills are essential.
- Experience of working on a busy IT support environment.
- Power BI
- Web creation
- Microsoft Office all packages
What can I expect in return? V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.
Applications Close Date 05 Feb 2020