West Bengal Police Recruitment 2020 - Assistant Sub Inspector Vacancies - 69,800 Salary - Apply NowWest Bengal Police Recruitment 2020-21: Employees State Insurance Corporation (West Bengal Police) announced Job notification to hire candidates who completed Any Graduate for the position of Assistant Sub Inspector. To Apply for the job posting from West Bengal Police, please click on the Apply Now button below.Company Name: West Bengal Police
Post Name: Assistant Sub Inspector
No of Posts: 23
Salary: 27,000 - 69,800 (Per Month)
Experience: 3 - 7 years
Education: Any Graduate
Last Date: 18-10-2020
1. Recruitment will be made on the basis of Written Examination (75 marks) followed by Interview (25 marks) to be conducted by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board.
A. Written Examination (Full Marks - 75) : An OMR based (MCQ Pattern) Written Examination of 1 (one) hour duration will be held as per the following syllabus. The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board shall have the discretion to fix cut-off marks for shortlisting candidates for interview in respect of each social category and posts taking into account the number of vacancies proposed to be filled up in each category and post. The Written Examination will be held one after another on the same day. There shall be NEGATIVE marking for each incorrect answer or multiple answers for a question in the Written Examination. ¼th of the allotted marks for a particular question shall be deducted for each wrong or multiple answer.
2. Interview: Full Marks - 25; A limited number of candidates will be called for Interview in accordance with merit. In the Interview, the general awareness and suitability of the candidate for the post will be tested. On the basis of the marks obtained in the Written Examination and the Interview, a merit list of the provisionally selected candidates will be prepared by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board. The Board shall have the discretion to fix qualifying marks for each social category on the aggregate marks obtained in written examination and interview for preparing the provisional merit list.
3. Verification Of Character Of Antecedents : - All provisionally selected candidates shall be required to fill up a Verification Roll which shall be thoroughly enquired into by the concerned authority.
4. Medical Examination: All provisionally selected candidates shall be required to appear for medical examination at the State Government designated hospital. The selected candidates should be in good mental and physical health and free from any physical deformity.
How To Apply:
1. The complete application must be submitted through ONLINE only using the website wbpolice.gov.in by filling up their information including uploading of their scanned photograph and signature. Applicants are advised to follow the procedure properly for applying through on-line mode.
2. Payment of Application and/or Processing Fees can be made on-line through payment gateway by using Debit Cards/Credit Cards/Net-Banking of any Bank. Fees can also be paid through different ewallets and Bharat QR and UPI App. An amount of Rs. 5/- (Rupees five) only will be charged by the agency concerned as “Service Charge” for availing Debit Cards/Credit Cards/Net-Banking/ewallet/other App facility
3. Applicants Are Required To Upload Scanned Copy Of Their Recent Passport Size Photograph (Preferably Coloured) And Full Signature In Jpg Format Covering The Entire Space Provided For The Same. The Size Of Photograph File And Signature File Must Be Between 10 Kb - 50 Kb And 5 Kb - 20 Kb Respectively. The Image Dimension For Photograph And Signature Should Be 177 Px H X 138 Px W (4.5 Cm Height X 3.5 Cm Width) And 63 Px H X 350 Px W (1.7 Cm Height X 9.2 Cm Width) Respectively. Photograph Must Be On White Background With 75-80% Of The Photo Occupying The Applicant’s Face. Applicants Are Advised Not To Upload Images Of Other Objects In Place Of Photograph And Signature. The Photograph With Face/head Covering, Sunglass/tinted Glasses Covering The Eyes Will Not Be Accepted. Photographs Cropped From ‘groupies’ Or ‘selfies’ Shall Also Be Disallowed At The Scrutiny.
4. On successful submission of the application, the applicants shall be provided with the copy of Application Form with his photograph, signature and unique Application Serial No. by the system. Candidates are advised to preserve it safely and mention the Application Sl. No. for all future communications, if required, with the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board. Request for change/correction in the Application Form SHALL NOT be entertained under any circumstances after final submission. The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of non-acceptance of any correction/addition/deletion in any particular field in application form whatever the reasons may be.
5. Application window for submitting application through on-line only with printed challan of Punjab National Bank (erstwhile United Bank of India) will remain operative for the period from 19.09.2020 to 18.10.2020 (5 P.M.). However, the last date of depositing Application and/or Processing Fees using Punjab National Bank (erstwhile United Bank of India) challan, will be 20.10.2020 (during banking hours).
(i) Date of Birth as recorded in the Discharge Certificate issued by authority concerned (i.e. Indian Navy/Indian Coast Guard/BSF/ITBP) or as recorded in the PPO (Pension Payment Order) Book will only be accepted as valid proof for verification of age.
(ii) A candidate belonging to OBC-A or OBC-B category, if shortlisted for interview, has to produce revalidated/renewed or fresh OBC-A/OBC-B certificate issued from the competent authority within 01 (one) year preceding 01.01.2020 during verification of testimonials at the time of interview. Therefore, the certificates issued before 01.01.2019 needs to be revalidated/renewed from the competent authority. Candidates failing to produce revalidated/renewed OBC-A/OBC-B certificate shall not be treated as OBC - A or OBC - B as the case may be. However, they may be considered as UR if they get equal or higher marks than the marks obtained by the last shortlisted candidate under the UR category, and provided 45 yrs of age is not exceeded.
(iii) In case a candidate from OBC - A/OBC - B category takes the facility of relaxation in upper age limit at the time of submission of application but fails to produce the revalidated/renewed OBC - A/OBC - B certificate at the time of his interview, he will be treated as UR candidate only, subject to provisions already mentioned
(iv) Candidates who served in BSF (Water Wing)/ITBP (Water Wing) shall produce relevant certificate as a proof of their claim to serve as a Sub-Inspector/Assistant SubInspector/Constable as the case may be for the requisite period mentioned under eligibility criteria.
(v) Candidates applying for multiple posts (i.e., Sub-Inspector/Asstt. SubInspector/Constable) will be recommended for appointment for higher post only even if they fall within the zone of selection for more than one post on the basis of their performance in the Written Examination and Interview.
(vi) Only male candidates are eligible to apply for the above posts.
i) Defective/incomplete applications/applications with fuzzy or improper photograph of candidate or unintelligible/undecipherable signatures will be summarily rejected.
ii) Each candidate should submit ONE application form for a particular post. Candidature of those who submit more than one application form for a particular post will be summarily rejected and the amount of application and/or processing fees forfeited.
iii) In case of any mismatch of data between application form filled up by the applicants and supporting testimonials at any stage of recruitment, the candidature is liable to summary rejection.
iv) Application Forms shall be rejected in case the signature of the applicant is rendered in block letters/unintelligible/does not match with name of the candidate or is otherwise incomplete.
v) Admission to the examination will be purely provisional subject to verification of eligibility at a later stage. Therefore, candidature of any candidate shall be rejected straightway if found not eligible at any stage, even after appearance in the tests/examinations or publication of results.
vi) Candidates must abide by the instructions as may be given by the Venue-in-Charge/Invigilator of the examination venue. If the candidate fails to do so or indulges in disorderly or improper conduct, he will render himself liable for expulsion from the examination hall and/or such other penalty as the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board may deem fit to impose.
vii) SC/ST/OBC-A /OBC-B candidates of OTHER States will be treated as UNRESERVED (General) category candidates. The concession of non-payment of application fees will not be available to SC/ST candidates of other States who shall also be treated as UNRESERVED (General) candidates for the purpose of payment of fees and for shortlisting or preparation of merit list.