Sentieo, the provider of a disruptive SaaS platform, is on a mission to be the financial intelligence platform that powers the world’s investment decisions. Our next generation technology enables analysts to surface, visualize, and share alpha-driving insights using AI-powered search and research management tools. Sentieo enables over 1100 clients worldwide to research investment opportunities, competitors, and markets with ease and accuracy. Join our team as we become the central hub for analysts to do their work. In 2021, Sentieo was recognized for innovation with four industry awards: Best AI Technology Provider in the 2021 Hedgeweek European Awards; Best Research Management Solution in the HFM European Technology Awards; Best AI Technology Provider in the 2021 Hedgeweek Americas Awards; and Deloitte Technology Fast 500.
Sentieo is seeking a full-time Senior Software Engineer to take charge of adding magic to our SaaS platform. Our product is used to make investment decisions where billions of dollars are at stake; you will have a great deal of input and responsibility. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. As a Senior Software Engineer, you should be comfortable with - and willing to work across - the entire stack. You will be setting up servers, building APIs, You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility. If you're familiar with Agile methodologies and energetic, with a 'roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes attitude, we’d like to meet with you
- Creating the process flow and SLA’s around different stages for each process
- Well versed with design patterns, writing reusable code/modules
- End to end delivery of new features
- Strong individual contribution as a developer writing high-quality programs
- Ensure engineering excellence and rigor in architecture, execution, and delivery
- Evolving the architecture for performance and scalability
- Work with the product management team, understand requirements and translate them into functioning products
- 2-5 years of experience as an Engineer
- Strong coding skills in Python/Java
- Understand the pros and cons of client-side caching and edge caching
- Understanding of security-related concepts/concerns within a full-stack web application
- Strong Object Oriented Programming concepts, data structure, and algorithms
- Good experiences with databases and Schema design
- Experience and passion for system architecture design
- Passion for releasing bug-free code
- Willingness to take on roles and responsibilities outside your comfort zone to get the job done
We believe that competitive benefits are an important investment in our people and culture. In addition to joining a passionate and collaborative team culture, your perks and benefits include:
- Full suite of health benefits.
- Annual stipend for professional and personal development
- Stipend to set up your home office when you first start
- Company stock options for certain positions
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate you/your family needs
- Quarterly departmental events and company-wide activities for global team networking
- Weekly team stand-ups and monthly virtual team gatherings.
- Comprehensive onboarding program with a live CEO meet + greet
- Fun-and useful-swag!
Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We work on complex, difficult problems with no linear or clear solutions. We believe that a diverse team can bring different perspectives and approaches, and whose experiences reflect the full set of clients we seek to serve. As such, Sentieo is committed to a diverse representation among our employees.
Job Type: Full-time