Ciena may well be the most important technology company you’ve never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena, another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G … literally none of it would be possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies in the world.
Responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation and analysis of modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products. Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities. Engineers would be responsible for algorithm development for network planning software. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is independent and collaborative in nature. Provides regular updates to manager on project/account status.
As a fully competent engineer in all conventional aspects of the subject matter or the functional area of the assignments, plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications
- Exercises judgment within area of expertise
- Understands project level strategy and requirements
- Involved in system/architecture evolution
- Possesses solid technical competency and a thorough knowledge of products and processes (both breadth and depth)
- Responsible for technical/scheduling aspects of major or whole part of a project
. Should have a strong understanding of object oriented methodologies, C++
Exposure to Optical Communication, OTN, OSRP, routing would be beneficial
. Additional exposure to .NET, JAVA languages, Python would be beneficial
- Lead and participate in software architecture, design, development, validation, and documentation to deliver high quality, functionally excellent products
- Should have exposure to distributed networking technologies, methodologies and exposure in working on Linux
- Act as a technical leader, role model and mentor to company’s technical community
- Relevant software development experience including significant product deliveries and leadership role in delivering advanced networking software systems
- Experience with product cycles and deployment requirements for carrier class products in Service Provider customer environments
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or a related discipline
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people's lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies. That's what motivates us.
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm. Expect more satisfying outcomes - both personal and professional.
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
What you can expect from us
You will receive notification of your successful application
Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion
If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process