Responsibility for the test execution/management of mass transit roll-outs of Interlocking (IXL) for CBTC Systems as part of large-scale railway infrastructure projects. Ensuring economic success and (internal) customer satisfaction for IXL domain in CBTC application projects.
Carrying the responsibility for the data lab testing scope. Representation of the test team within the project towards internal team, whilst reporting to the line management (test manager/group lead).
Ensuring compliance with defined procedures/processes.
Exploration of further business opportunities:
Identification and exploitation of additional business opportunities during project implementation, e.g. identifying Change Requests or extending the scope towards project needs.
Your assignment involve:
- Responsible for data lab testing of IxL Sub-systems in Test lab using real and simulated test environments.
- Evaluation of project, customer, rolling stock and internal requirements towards executing suitable project specific test cases and test documentation.
- Detailed knowhow on functional aspects of CBTC IxL and its interface with other subsystems like ATS and ATC.
- Knowledge about testing and commissioning process and Strategy.
- Work with development team to identify and capture test cases, ensure version management
- Setting up of test environments, writing test scripts and executing test cases/scenarios.
- Providing feedback on usability and serviceability, trace the result to quality risk and report it to concerned people.
- Analyzing of test logs and results towards identification of failures.
- Interfacing/Clarification with senior test engineer, test manager and project teams.
- Able to support installation and tests activities/teams onsite if required.
- Understanding of other subsystem like ATS, ATC, Communication and Diagnostic Systems.
- Knowledge of Projects Support functions (RM/DM/CM) and Quality Management
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Degree in electrical or electronics engineering.
- Professional experience of minimum 3 years in railway transportation systems (Metro / Mass Transit) with the focus on testing in IxL subsystem for CBTC domain
- Performed hands on testing activities for IxL CBTC subsystem besides understanding of operational scenarios, requirements, and interfaces. Detailed knowledge of CBTC systems.
- Experience with Functional testing, lab testing, test setups. Experience with Static test, Dynamic test, Integration tests and SAT would be an added advantage.
- Fluent English essential both written and oral, knowledge of German/Spanish is an asset
- Independent and structured approach to work
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Mobility at:
https://new.siemens.com/in/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited