NCR Corporation (NYSE:
NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
This position will be responsible for leading the Accounts Receivable function for North & East India. Role expects candidate to be a significant contributor in managing end to end Account Receivables function, drive the team of regional collectors to achieve desired cash flow results, reduce AR provision on account of bad debts, ensure operational efficiency and optimize utilization of resources.
The role demands extensive interaction with the business teams, conduct regular interlock meetings, identify and resolve disputes by closely working with business team thereby improve collectability.
As a team lead, candidate is expected to design and formulate strategies & process flow to help achieve organization’s free cash flow objectives.
Candidate should be self-driven and should be capable of independently driving various management initiatives and systems implementation projects reporting into the Country/ Asia AR Operations Head.
Role also demands expertize in identifying early disputes that prevents timely collection of payments and resolve such disputes in a timely manner by interlocking with the right stake holders like billing, Sales, Services etc.
The associate will be responsible for the collection and timely management of all AR aging components for the assigned region. Will also be expected to maintain and improve sustained cash flow through diligent and aggressive monitoring of customer accounts. This role will be expected to take a significant part in initiatives to improve working capital, including account monitoring, aligning AR DSO, and ensuring effective and efficient processing of AR functions.
This position is highly visible and requires strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize, plan, and firmly lead the AR function in the region. By leading team means identifying and nurturing talent, provide timely recognition & motivation to the team, provide coaching and constructive feedbacks to build and manage a high performing team.
- Assists in monitoring, tracking and enforcing department policies, procedures and goals while identifying inefficiencies and propose, develop and document new concepts and procedures.
- Daily review of collection reports to ascertain status of collections and balances outstanding and reduce collection cycle times (DSO) where possible.
- Audit delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectible to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning bad-debt status to account.
- Monitor aging balances and recommend write offs.
- Work closely with Division heads and sales to ensure collection guidelines are adhered to and issues quickly resolved.
- Works with internal departments and clients to regulate and resolve hold/release sales orders in accordance with internal rules and regulations.
- Actively monitor and work with internal departments to resolve all outstanding Accounts Receivable claims.
- Manage information requests during year-end audits and respond to requests for information during internal audits.
- Document trends and initiate corrective action to ensure maximum cash reimbursement, prompt payment for services rendered and uninterrupted cash flow.
- Monitor and provide constructive feedback on team performance to ensure duties are properly performed and employees are working towards common business goals.
- Interface with customer service, sales organizations and senior levels management in communicating and resolving issues.
- Keep abreast of current trends and practices in field of expertise.
- Approves, establishes and maintains credit limits on all new and current customer accounts.
- Reviews with management credit worthiness decisions on marginal credit approvals and slow paying accounts
Having 8+ years of relevant experience (Accounts receivable)
Must be a Graduate. Masters degree preferred
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies:
NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.