The GE Healthcare Digital applications team is tasked with building the next generation Cloud Applications for GE Healthcare. We are looking to hire Staff Software engineers to build the SW Applications on the GE Health Cloud. The person will be responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature areas that would be delivered by 1 or more scrum teams
As a Staff Software Engineer in Web development with strong expertise in the UI side and server side , you will be responsible for crafting and developing complete applications/services that include development of front-end using Web UI technologies along with foundational structure and services in back-end applications.
Duties include (but not limited to) :
- Be able to develop web applications in a quick span with high quality design and demonstrating state-of-art development practices.
- Work closely with product management & architecture leadership in understanding requirements,design, architecture and own design and implementation of the features.
- Own the requirements flowing down to design, implementation, testing and maintenance of applications and platform.
- Interacting with modality teams in continuous integrations
- Demonstrating Agile and Lean software development methodologies to drive reliability upstream into the product development life cycle
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
- Open to work on different User Interface technologies, server side technologies and willing to learn and deliver on newer technology stacks as required for modern user interface/experience development.
- Facilitate and Initiate the use of latest tools, IDE, techniques and development environments that enhance team productivity, share best practices with other software engineering groups within GE Healthcare.
- Document designs , Unit testing and verification activities; perform component & subsystem level verification,participate in system level verification and validations as necessary.
- Supplement the technical leadership on the team to deliver quality products on time
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or in STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Minimum 8 years of experience with technical expertise in UI/Server-side technologies and Cloud based Applications development
- Strong Analytical, debugging and Problem Solving skills.
- Has the ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
- Has the ability to supplement the technical leadership and architects by owning a smaller feature end-end
- Has knowledge of building and deploying complex applications on cloud and local servers.
- Has hands-on on AWS exposure.
- Has worked on Unit Testing Framework like Jasmine, Jest
- Has strong Programming and design skills with Data Structure knowledge.
- Experience in developing Cloud software.
- Experience in working in Agile teams
- Strong verbal/written communication and influencing skills.Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
- Experience working in a global team environment and a cross-functional product development environment.
- Willing to learn new technologies and flexible with roles and responsibilities.
- Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
- Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.