Key Stage Leader
The role of Primary Teacher is to help students apply concepts through classroom instruction and
presentations. Their role is also to prepare lessons, grade papers, manage the classroom, meet with parents, and
work closely with other school staff
Planning and preparing for students’ learning:
Creating an effective learning environment:
- Plan appropriately using knowledge and understanding of The British School Context.
- Keep abreast of contemporary pedagogical approaches and work to implement best practice.
- Possess appropriate content knowledge.
- Have an understanding of student’s needs and abilities and design appropriate learning experiences.
- Identify appropriate learning outcomes for students.
- Plan and implement effective assessment for/of learning which enhances outcomes for students.
Teaching and learning:
- Create a respectful classroom environment.
- Establish an effective rapport with students and colleagues.
- Establish a culture for learning.
- Establish and maintain effective classroom management.
- Manage individual student behaviour.
- Manage physical space.
- Support students socially, emotionally and academically.
- Reinforce and reward positive behaviours.
Professional values and behaviours:
- Communicate clearly.
- Use effective questioning and discussion techniques.
- Engage and motivate students in their learning.
- Provide feedback to students in a timely and developmental fashion.
- Meet individual needs through effective differentiation.
- Use technology effectively to support teaching and learning.
- Use resources effectively to support student learning.
- Appreciate the diversity of TBS cultures and be sensitive to the needs and perceptions of the
- Reflect on teaching and learning to improve practice.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Know and understand school policies.
- Communicate with stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Contribute to school and student life.
- Contribute to professional learning networks where appropriate.
- Grow and develop professionally within the British School context.
- Show professionalism at all times with all stakeholder groups.
- Support Assistant Teachers and assume responsibility for their performance development.
- Put the needs of students first.
- Meet all deadlines.
- Understand and work to implement the school’s mission and values.
- Maintain high ethical standards and display integrity at all times.
- This Job Description does not define all duties and responsibilities of the position and the school may
assign other tasks from time to time to help operationalise the role.
- The school may review and modify or amend the Job Description as needed after discussion with the
Will follow Teaching staff Competencies
Personal Attributes :
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Behaviour management skills.
- Passion for teaching.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to take on added responsibilities.
- Qualified teacher with ability to engage students across ability ranges.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of teaching experience.
This Job Description does not define all duties and responsibilities of the position and the school may assign other
tasks from time to time to help operationalise the role.
The school may review and modify or amend the Job Description as needed after discussion with the position holder.
The British School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Applicants must be willing to undergo comprehensive child protection screening including but not limited to
checks with past employers.