Vacancy No VN546
Employment Type Permanent
Location Country India
Location City Chennai
Who are V.Group? At V.Group, our ambition is to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine support services.. Our values (The 5 C’s – We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver) are at the heart of everything we do and describe how we work and the promises that we make to our customers and each other. We only succeed if we are enabling our customers to be successful - we aim to be a standard setter, shaping the future. We aim to work as one global team, easy to do business with and providing a consistently high level of service. We are always interested to speak with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service for customers, whether external or internal.
Overall Purpose of The Job Operations Coordinator is responsible in coordinating the attendance of consultants for on-board vessels, liaising with agents / owners / managers where necessary and reporting back to line Manager
To provide out of office support when required (this will be based on seniority)
Key Responsibilities and Tasks • Assist in planning of vessel attendance for consultants
- Organise & coordinate with other V.Ships Offices / Owners /agents/clients/ Managers in getting the latest position list of vessels and updating them regularly.
- Arrange travel, hotel and prepare itinerary for Consultants as & when required.
- Update and maintain manpower allocation file and prepare staff salary slip monthly.
- Develop and maintain well organized filing system for operations that permits easy reference and prompt retrieval of information.
- Remain aware, update and control daily, weekly and monthly schedules to line Manager.
- Purchase Order requests and follow up, raising and issuing of Work Instructions, Invoices.
- Maintain housekeeping of projects and consultants details in database ensuring accurate, up to date admin and invoicing records
- To perform ad hoc tasks as directed by the line manager
Required Experience • Microsoft Excel experience
- Be a team player with good communication skills
- Database Competency / knowledge will be useful
- Any previous experience with shipping industry will be useful
What can I expect in return? V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.