WHO YOU ARE
- You are service minded, sales driven and feel motivated working in a vibrant retail environment.
- Previous service environment experience is an advantage.
- Confident in approaching and talking to people in a friendly manner.
- Takes personal initiative.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and organise individual work duties in order to make the most efficient use of time available.
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
I work to optimise sales, e.g. up-selling and add-on sales.
- I know our top-selling products and 3 Aces and 1 King, and I ensure they are available and clearly communicated and displayed at all times. I promote alternative products when these are unavailable
- I support my manager in implementing range changes in a simple and cost-conscious way.
- I keep my area of responsibility well maintained throughout the day and also prepare it in readiness for the next day’s business.
- I work to ensure that my area of responsibility is clean, tidy, organised, priced, attractive and inviting at all times.
- I contribute to the department’s action plan by taking ownership for my part in its delivery.
- I contribute to vitality and take part in in-store activities that are set with my manager.
- I take active interest in our local competition and provide my manager with relevant input regarding range and pricing.
- I help and support colleagues when needed and I share my knowledge with them and encourage them to do the same.
- I value my colleagues’ ways of working and I learn from those who work differently to me.
- I take an active role in my team and co-operate when appropriate with colleagues in other area of the store.
- I keep myself informed so that I can perform effectively.
- I am responsible for my own development and look to my manager to support me in my development.
- I know our daily and weekly sales targets and this drives me to sell more.
- I understand the impact of my actions on the financial results of my area and know which results I have influence over.
- I look for more effective ways of working to reduce costs and I am cost conscious, for example through; controlling waste, correct portions, correct production levels and correct cooking methods.
- I comply with and follow internal rules, policies and daily operational routines regarding issues like quality, food safety and stock figures as set by my manager.
- I execute IKEA store operations and I do my part to make sure that our operations are in line at all times with the Functional Commercial Review standards.
- Safety is a top priority and I and take action and raise and discuss concerns with a manager as needed.
- I ensure any food incident, or potential incident, is reported through CASY and I inform the duty manager.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
It’s about attracting visitors to the stores, encouraging IKEA store visitors to stay longer and enjoy more, making it fun for everyone, offering great food with quality at the lowest prices, giving visitors a tasty reason to return again and again, and providing co-workers with a chance to rest and re-charge.
To ensure the full potential of IKEA Food is realised, the following 10 tasks must be fulfilled:
1. Attract visitors to the IKEA store
2. Offer a range that appeals to the many people on the market
3. Strengthen the low-price profile of the IKEA store
4. Strengthen the quality perception of the IKEA store
5. Contribute to a day out for the whole family
6. Strengthen the Swedish profile of the IKEA store
7. Build trust for the IKEA store among customers, co-workers and suppliers
8. Ensure that IKEA co-workers get a good meal for a low price
9. Serve the many store visitors
10. Be efficient and generate a reasonable profit
By doing this, IKEA Food supports the IKEA store in selling more IKEA home furnishing products