2 years 0 months
11/15/2019 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
The IFC is seeking an Executive Assistant for the South Asia Department, based in New Delhi India.
The Executive Assistant contributes to the smooth running of the daily operations of the Regional Directors front office. They are responsible for providing administrative support and coordination and acting as a liaison with external officials and contacts. In addition, they will be responsible for taking part in research and reference work for the front office.
They will also be delegated a role in guiding and advising ACS staff in the department in addition to taking the lead coordination role within the front office.
Duties and Accountability:
Overall Coordination of ACS workflow:
- Coordinate the Regional Directors’ schedule of meetings and appointments to ensure effective time management.
- Screening, track, prioritize and follow-up all incoming email and documents, preparing responses as requested.
- Ensure relevant documents and papers are available for meetings, deadlines are met, and documents requiring signatures are of high quality and adhere to administrative and operational guidelines.
- As the first line of contact with an extensive network of contacts at the most senior level, both internal and external visitors, callers and dignitaries, the Executive Assistant will be expected to exercise judgment, tact and discretion in answering and or redirecting inquiries to appropriate sources and in dealing with sensitive or highly confidential matters, making decisions when multiple courses of action are possible.
- Establish and maintain an effective network of contacts both inside and outside the Front Office to ensure effective liaison in support of office needs.
- Follow-up, on behalf of the Director, on extensive and diverse inquiries, and make appropriate decisions.
- Handle administrative and logistical arrangements for various events, such as senior official visits, visiting missions, conferences, workshops, retreats. Ensure timely submission and review of briefing materials and appropriate follow-up actions.
- Initiate and coordinate all aspects of the Director’s travel schedule (i.e. ticket and hotel reservations, visa requests, etc.) including coordinating the travel and protocol needs.
- Draft correspondence and prepare and ensure adherence to administrative guidelines and overall quality of outputs requiring the Director’s signature.
- Assume responsibility for the overall quality of delivery, organization and coordination of office administrative support work.
- Responsible for maintaining an overview of the Administrative and Client Service (ACS) staff work program and workload by collaborating and coordinating with task team members on scheduling and resolving work priorities.
- Provide overall guidance and feedback to ACS staff and provide input to their performance evaluations. Play a leadership role with respect to all issues related to ACS.
- Ensure an efficient back-up system is in place.
- As the unit's first point of contact with HR, coordinate closely with HR colleagues on a range of issues.
- Additional ad-hoc responsibilities as assigned by the Regional Director.
Technology and Systems Knowledge:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to interact diplomatically with clients and staff at all levels, recognized ability to exercise good judgment in interpersonal dealings at all levels and in handling confidential information.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Effective analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledgeable of IFC processes and relevant systems (Bank processes a plus) including the ability to coach less experienced staff on the same.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and proficiency of technology or/and systems relevant to functional area.
- Excellent verbal and writing/editing skills in English including the ability to translate relevant correspondence.
- Excellent skill in preparing PowerPoint and other visual presentation tools.
- Ability to handle time-sensitive assignments.
Project and task management:
- Exhibits excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc.) and proficiency of technology and/or systems relevant to functional area. Able to coach less experienced staff on relevant technology and systems.
Institutional policies processes, and procedures:
- Able to undertake diverse and complex assignments with minimal supervision and resolve competing demands. Demonstrates good organizational skills, can plan and prioritize own work and work of internal clients (e.g. manage manager's calendar).
Versatility and adaptability:
- Demonstrates relevant functional knowledge and understanding of institutional priorities, policies, operational and administrative procedures, and people. Able to practically apply and guide others in policy application.
Team Leadership (ACS):
- Demonstrates initiative and motivation to proactively learn new developments in relevant policies, procedures and technology. Is able proactively identify, prevent and/or solve problems. Able to participate in change activities and initiatives.
Drive for Results:
- Able to provide support to team members, giving instructions when necessary to improve work performance and promote collaboration within team. Able to organize and/or conduct training for team members on procedures, policies and work activities.
Teamwork (collaboration) and inclusion:
- Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
Knowledge, Learning and Communication:
- Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
Business Judgement and Analytical Decision-making:
- Able to communicate in a constructive and professional manner. Can assist in the preparation of written materials in accordance with WB administrative guidelines and best practices. Able to contribute to unit’s knowledge sharing.
- Able to effectively and independently provide general research support. Demonstrates ability to assess situation and make sound judgement on action needed.
Poverty has no borders. Neither does excellence. This is why we continually search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.