Job Description for Legal Operations (Analyst/Senior Analyst):
The invoicing function is managed by the Legal Operations team and is responsible for processing all Legal invoices received from law firms. The team will coordinate with DB Legal, DB Business Lines and law firms to ensure the payments of invoices occur in a timely manner. In addition, the team will review / interrogate invoices to reduce potential overcharges
Setup of new vendors, matters, timekeepers and users in ELM (Enterprise Legal Management) tool based on requests (emails and/or phone) from law firms/business/legal users
Maintenance of ELM database for updates on vendors, matters, timekeepers
Hard copy invoice entry into ELM application (copy invoice details from physical copy into ELM)
Perform detailed review / interrogation based on set rules to identify potential overcharges
Report preparation on pending invoices by approver, invoices by matter / vendor / cost center, etc
Problem resolution of invoices after approval in ELM (i.e. Cost center, GL, Internal Order # issues and matter identification errors)
Reconciliation of invoices between internal and external systems
Preparation of payment files used by other internal groups (SAP)
Liaise with business and law firms to identify address issues/queries raised
Liaise with law firms on invoice submission errors
Liaise with Mitratech (Software provider) on technical issues that arise
Liaise with P2P personnel for invoice payment problem resolution
Primary Working Relationships
- The resource will report to the Team Manager/Assistant Vice President
- The position interfaces with the Business SPOCS in the Onshore, near shore and Offshore locations.
- Exceptional English communication skills – both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree and preferably 1 year work experience in Finance/Administration/Operations Management
- Proactive approach in problem solving.
- Willingness to take ownership, highly motivated & self-managed
- Eye for detail and willingness to improve current process
- Able to cope well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Robust reporting skills, specifically with Excel data reconciliation and presentation projects
- Ability to work in shift to support other time zones, if required
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.