- 10+ years of experience in digital sales, business development, or partner management.
- Demonstrated experience in winning and retaining clients and establishing relationships with media agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically. Adept at making data-driven decisions.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment
Should be able to contribute both as an individual contributor and as leader of people.
Amazon is looking for an experienced Senior Manager for Business Development to help grow its strategic advertising business in India. This person will have the opportunity to define and execute the go-to-market strategy for a newly launched, fast-growing advertising business for a particular category, by identifying the advertiser segments to target, establishing critical internal and partner relationships, and driving adoption of Amazon India’s advertising products. He/she will work closely with senior Amazon leadership teams as well as global product organizations to offer the right advertising products to the right advertiser audiences, optimized for the India market. He/she will have a good understanding of the India digital advertising and ecommerce landscape, and be able to drive mutually-beneficial customer and partner relationships to scale the business long-term.
The ideal candidate will have sales background in the digital advertising space with revenue responsibility, proven track record of winning strategic customers/signing strategic partnerships, possess strong communications skills, and have the ability to think strategically and analytically about the business, product, and market opportunities and challenges. He/she should have the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. He/she will have a keen sense of ownership, drive, and desire to win!
The Amazon India Advertising business is a strategic start-up with support and interest from business units across the company as well as Amazon’s top management. We are a motivated, collaborative and fun-loving team building a high growth business. We are entrepreneurial and have a bias for action and a broad mandate to experiment and innovate. This role offers an opportunity to make a significant impact on the future vision for Amazon.
This position is based at the Amazon India headquarters in Bangalore, with travel as required.
- Serve as a key member of advertising business development team, helping to drive overall Amazon Advertising strategy and business growth.
- Establish and build strong, profitable, long-term relationships with strategic advertisers who may be key Amazon Brands and sellers as well as non-endemic advertisers. Contribute to the overall growth and profit of Amazon India’s business by expanding our partner ecosystem.
- Identify, rationalize, and define target market segments and channel strategy for Amazon India’s emerging Advertising business. For each segment and channel, define the business model, product offering, engagement process, and support/operations model to drive advertiser adoption and business revenue growth.
- Build scale into the business development function by collaborating with internal stakeholders (vendor managers, seller sales and account teams) to develop joint business plans and upsell opportunities with coherent messaging/positioning for vendors/sellers/partners.
- Act as the advertisers’ advocate to evangelize for their success working with Amazon India, by partnering with product, account management, support, and global technology teams to drive advertiser success on Amazon’s advertising platform.
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case. Build and execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders to drive mutually beneficial programs.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption customers.
Prior experience with India based ad networks (on the demand side) and/or with Media Agencies with strong digital sales presence.