This position will be responsible for creating scene renders with Kohler products. The scenes created would be of very high quality using Kohler standards. This position will take interior design concepts and transform them into photorealitic renderings using a variety of CAD and graphic design tools.
- Build 3d room scenes in 3ds Max based on design concepts from the set designer. Create all of the necessary textures, materials, lights and cameras in order to create photorealistic renderings. This will be done with input from one or more set of sources such as the engineers, set designers, photographers, art directors, and stylists.
- Create fully textured prop models that have been specified by the set designer.
- Locate Kohler product models in the engineering storage system, export them, convert them to surface models, UV map them and prep them for use in 3d Max.
- Follow the standards for managing data that would include storage of files, models, and textures in order to archive and use them for future projects.
- Establish best practices that align to objectives that lead to reduction in processing time and realistic visualization.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
- Reports to Deputy Manager, Animation and Rendering
- Mentorship relationship with Assoc. Comm Manager – CGI Content Development located at The Beacon, Kohler WI
- Collaborative relationship with other scene rendering artists both at The Beacon, Kohler WI and at ITC
External Business Relationships:
- May need to frequently interact with product engineers, set designers, art directors, stylists, photographers while working on rendering projects.
- Occasional contact with industrial design in regards to gathering product geometry and trouble shooting.
- Occasional contact with software vendors and service providers if researching or obtaining new software
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A degree/diploma in a related 3D visualisation field.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in creating 3D photorealistic renderings of very high quality.
- Experience with use of tools such as 3D Max, V-Ray , After Effects, and Photoshop . Good to have exposure to ZBrush and other architectural CAD programs.
- A thorough understanding of photographic techniques, particularly the use of light and shadows, in order to create renderings that are photorealistic
- Should be a good communicator and must be able to articulate thoughts/inpirations into words. Strong command of the English language a plus.
- Must be a team player and a quick learner.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities.