The SAP ABAP developer works alongside the other ABAP developers and functional developers, possibly handling multiple pieces of work simultaneously, alongside ad-hoc support queries. They must work with the development team as peers and be able to communicate effectively with customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Understanding the needs and requirements of the clients by coordinating with their representatives and seeking clarity on every minute detail in order to provide the best possible solution.
- Writing the code using ABAP programming language on the basis of the blueprint provided by the clients and performing regular tests on the usability of the code.
- Ensuring that all programs are completed in schedule as per the client's guidelines and allocating appropriate resources to achieve this.
- Providing technical support to the end users in the form of troubleshooting guidelines and modifications to the system after it has been delivered. Training the end users and client representatives is also performed at this stage of the SAP ABAP software life cycle.
- To stay updated with the latest technological advancement and changes in the world of SAP development and adapting to these changes by self-training and research work.
MCA , B. Tech (Computer/IT) , BE (Computer/IT)
- Object Oriented programming
- Report writing using ALV and ABAP lists
- Sapscripts and smart forms
- Dialogue programming
- User exits/enhancements