Sungard Availability Services (Sungard AS) is an industry-recognized leader in delivering resilient and recoverable production environments for global enterprises through managed IT, cloud and recovery services.
Our diverse, global team of “Sungardians” are passionate about applying their insight and deep expertise in production and recovery to Lead with Resilience. We work to understand our customers’ business goals, tailor services that align with their desired business outcomes, and deliver the right environments for managing their critical IT systems. Every Sungard AS employee makes a meaningful contribution to delivering on our mission to transform IT for resilient business. We want to add outstanding talent to our team. If you want to become an integral part of a collaborative organization that offers industry-leading benefits and a commitment to employee advancement, we’d be excited to speak with you!
Engineer - Systems
Years of experience :
- Any Engineering Degree/Graduate/Masters Graduate with min. 15 years of fulltime education.
- 3+ years in the IT field with at least 4 years of good experience on Linux Administration.
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols configuration and troubleshooting.
- Hardware/Software maintenance on RHEL, OEL 5,6,7 servers.
- Basic knowledge on HPUX, Solaris, AIX operating systems (Disk space usage, User administration, sudo access, etc).
- Linux Package Management (YUM and RPM)
- File system management : Knowledge of LVM and disk management in Linux , OEL
- Storage management using power path and multipathing.
- Knowledge of hardware maintenance and troubleshooting on Unix operating system. Handling the hardware failure issue (Disk, HBA, NIC, Battery, DIMM, Core and MB)
- Users administration all Unix OS (setting password aging, home directory and files permissions)
- Troubleshooting memory, CPU, SWAP and file system usage issues.
- Troubleshooting NFS, SSH, DNS, DHCP on UNIX Servers.
- Creating sudo groups with appropriate privileges and providing access to users by configuring and modifying of Sudoers file.
- Dealing with performance issues for Unix servers.
- Troubleshooting domain user login issues on Linux servers.
- Troubleshooting Linux Booting issues.
- Analyzing the server performance issues by looking into OS logs and sar data.
- Troubleshooting Network configuration issues in Linux. (Configuration issues, route issues, link issues)
- Basis knowledge of Oracle Virtualization (OVM) and VMware infrastructure.
- Dealing with storage connectivity and datastore disk space issues in VMware Infrastructure.
- Should have proven skills in day to day troubleshooting of complex technical incidents/ issues.
- Basic understanding of Storage systems and their application in VMware environment.
- Strong problem solving background with a focus on ownership of issues and a commitment to resolving them.
- Proficient in use of ITIL based incident management system.
- Ability to participate in Critical escalations & drive towards restoration.
- Quick learner, should understand the process and follow them religiously.
- Should be part of 24x7 Remote Level-2 Support team and monitor; perform advanced troubleshooting of various IT Infrastructure of international customer's mission critical datacenter.
- In-depth experience in incident management processes and tools.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of the entire Virtualization Infrastructure.
- Research root cause of problems and escalate to engineering and vendor support as necessary.
- Troubleshooting of hardware through event logs of vendor tools.
- Recovery of file system in case of hardware failures.
- Troubleshooting of Performance issues.
- Troubleshooting of Virtualization issues.
- Effectively collaborate with Server / Storage / Network / Data Center / Facilities / Audit / Compliance and PMO teams
- Manage problem and service tickets ensuring timely resolution to meet Service Level Agreements
- Work on Sev1/Sev2 incidents & drive team members to act upon it within defined SLA.
- Responsible to develop & maintain relevant technical documentation.
- Conduct trainings and mentor junior resources in the team.
- Work on the incidents , changes, Request, ITASKs and CTASKs.
The Unix Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of shared Services AIX servers and infrastructure systems. The AIX Administrator carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following technical areas: Server maintenance, LPAR management, System upgrades and procurement, infrastructure design and layout, Disaster Recovery design and implementation, OS installation and maintenance, and Server hardening. Installing, configuring and maintaining AIX Servers. Assist in planning/implementing installation and Disaster Recovery for hosted applications Strong in Power 5/Pseries configuration, LPAR, VPAR, DLPAR, VIO concepts and implementation. Configuration and administration of Logical volume manager. Strong in Storage, HA concepts, SAN environment Changing Kernel Parameters Patch and Package administration Printer , NIS, NFS, Samba administration. Strong in troubleshooting Hardware and Operating system related issue. Writing shell/Perl scripts to accomplish day to day system administration task Experience in System Fault Tolerance Design, Business continuity and Disaster recovery planning. Certification on AIX(IBM System Administration, Hardware , Performance Tuning, Network Administration) Ensure all Unix/Linux based servers are adhering to change control and standard policies Working with customers both internal and external to troubleshoot incidents Maintaining documentation and diagrams regarding the Unix/Linux environments