Logistics Controller(Transportation Division)
We are looking for a reliable Logistics Manager to be responsible for all Logistics operations located at Kochi and should be willing to travel Coimbatore / Chennai and Bangalore. Logistics Manager Responsibilities include organizing and monitoring storage and distribution of goods. The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
· Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and clients.
· Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organization to improve operational and financial performance.
· Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements.
· Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs.
· Negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers.
· Recommend optimal transport modes, routes or frequency.
· Select carriers/suppliers and monitor service against performance criteria.
· Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
· Assess and make recommendations for logistics processes in potential new facilities and advise of cost implications and efficiency.
· Ensure the integrity of inventory accuracy and manage stock movements with the help of direct reports.
· Interpret trends and analyze and review data. Provide meaningful logistics data to others in the organization to aid customer service and cost improvement
· Ensure IT systems in place are effective, maintained and accurate.
· Ensure reports, and process documentation on a daily basis.
· Must have an understanding on South Indian geography and has knowledge of transport network across south India in depth.
· Proven working experience as a Logistics Manager/Asst. Manager.
· Record of successful distribution and logistics management
· Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
· Proficient in standard logistics software preferably SAP
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
· Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
· A bachelor’s degree in logistics or an MBA or a relevant post-graduate degree in logistics / SCM related professional qualification
Application Deadline: 10/8/2021
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹35,000.00 - ₹45,000.00 per month
- total work: 10 years (Required)