Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) recently acquired MapR Technologies, a provider of the industry’s leading data platform for AI and Analytics that enables enterprises to inject analytics into their business processes to increase revenue, reduce costs, and mitigate risks. MapR addresses the data complexities of high-scale and mission-critical distributed processing from the cloud to the edge, IoT analytics, and container persistence. Global 2000 enterprises trust the MapR Data Platform to help them solve their most complex AI and analytics challenges.
The data platform runs of very large clusters of nodes and manages petabytes of data and running on thousands of nodes, and accessed by millions of users.
We are looking for engineers in our Hyderabad office to enhance the platform and provide functionality requested by our customers.
We will provide you an environment where your impact will be immediately felt and appreciated as you both learn and help address the needs of the world's most demanding and cutting edge customers. You will be working alongside with talented and like-minded engineers in a startup like setting and have an opportunity to contribute across the entire backend stack. Specifically:
- Develop scale out file system access and storage software functionality that runs on commodity hardware
- Take ownership of ease of use, performance, availability, and robustness aspects of your design
- Collaborate with frontend product teams to ensure that common and advanced product usages are available through the UI
- Work closely with QA counterparts to provide high code coverage and to enable testing automation
- 5-10 years’ experience building system software
- Strong programming C/C++/Java skills in LINUX/UNIX environment
- Good understanding of Multi-threaded and asynchronous programming concepts
- Proven track record of developing a feature from requirements to delivery
- Good debugging and problem solving skills
- Expertise in File Systems, Networking or Distributed storage/compute systems is an added advantage
- Communication skills and ability to work independently
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and euch other
Bias for action:
We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart:
We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
This role has been designated as ‘Edge’, which means you will primarily work outside of an HPE office