To plan, install, test and turn up international Ethernet circuits based on transmission technologies such as SDH/SONET, DWDM and Ethernet ranging from Ethernet 100BaseTX and Gigabit Ethernet as a part of extending and maintaining the Sprint global IP/MPLS network operations. To additionally support the LIM (Lawful Interception & Monitoring) systems.
The job incumbent serves as a technical network operations expert in Chennai, India for interfacing with local carriers, Point of Presence (POP), Datacenter vendor and other international telecommunications companies to coordinate local circuit orders and subsequent installation and testing; troubleshoot and repair complex circuits and equipment configurations.
1) To install, test and turn up international circuits ranging Ethernet with 100BaseTX to Gigabit Ethernet to 1000Base-TX-SX/LX.
2) To interface with local carriers, datacenter vendor, and other International Telecommunications companies as well as to work on local circuit orders and subsequent installation and testing at both Sprint POP end and/or customer premises end.
3) To troubleshoot and repair on complex circuits and equipment configurations to minimize service disruption to customers.
4) To maintain and support configurations of IP routers, Ethernet switches providing data, voice and IP services to Multinationals, Small and Medium Enterprises (SME), Internet Service providers (ISPs).
5) To support the LIM (Lawful Interception & Monitoring) systems as an Alternate local Nodal Officer or equivalent.
6) Manage the assignment and completion of tasks based on priorities and effective resource utilization working under a full team spirit environment.
7) To closely co-ordinate with Sprint Asia Network Customer Implementation (ANCI) group for customer services delivery and post services assurance matters.
8) To closely co-ordinate with respective Sprint Control Centers in USA to activate a new customer circuit orders and carry out preventive/corrective maintenance on trouble calls acting as the on-site fixing agent to the Sprint Control Centers.
9) To maintain and/or sustain a close customer relationship, in particular during trouble calls handling.
- A communications related degree from a technical college or equivalent experience in telecommunications or electronics.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in the telecommunications industry in a technical capacity.
- Experienced in Internet Protocol (IP) network equipment including routers, communication servers and LAN switches. Preferably with Cisco professional certificate holder in CCNA.
- Detailed understanding of telecommunications transmission equipment such as Digital Cross Connect Switches (DCS), Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) technologies; Cisco routers and high-end Ethernet switches based on TDM, SDH/SONET, Ethernet and IP technologies.
- Hands-on experience with Ethernet test equipment such as JSDU/Viavi or equivalent.
- Good English spoken and written skills in addition to the local Indian language.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Available for 7 x 24 on-call duties based on biweekly rosters or three weeks per month rosters.
- Orientation and experience with Microsoft Office tools and applications.
- Previous experience in Project Management skills.
At Sprint, we're more than just talk. We've changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Today, Sprint is proud to give customers True Mobile 5G in areas of nine markets, powering new experiences from gaming and entertainment services, to IoT and business applications. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives. We’re turning possibilities into a Brighter Future for All – Join the #SprintFam
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
INTL - India
Sprint is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has been recognized for its commitment to diversity and creating an inclusive workplace where all employees’ backgrounds, talents and contributions are valued. Sprint reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, religion, color, creed, gender/sex, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other classification protected by Federal, state or local law. Sprint is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Protected Veterans
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled protected veteran and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to email@example.com or by faxing your request to 913-523-9980.
“Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws” Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; Supplemental Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) is the Law Poster; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster; Pay Transparency Notice Poster; and the Philadelphia’s Fair Change Hiring Law Poster.