Procurement Manager(Job Number:
Position reports to:
Responsible to lead a team of procurement personnel in various specialties assigned to ensure delivery of materials, supplies, equipment and services to meet project requirements within budget and schedule.
- Comply with purchasing policy and procedures within the limits of delegated authority and in accordance with company policies and procedures. Ensure assigned team members follow policies and procedures.
- Be the primary procurement interface between Customer, project and vendor community
- Plan, develop and buy materials, parts, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost effective way while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
- Prepare the project procurement strategy and relevant plans
- Work with project controls, construction, HSE, and quality management to ensure procurement is properly aligned with the expectations of the other groups in understanding and addressing the project requirements
- Participates in the Project Risk assessment and includes mitigating measures for identified risks in the proposed procurement plan (including material management and contracting)
- Prepare project specific procurement procedures based on WorleyParsons procedures and Customer requirements
- Provide leadership and guidance to the project procurement team of buyers and contract managers on the execution of its tasks and ensure compliance with Project Procurement procedures and strategy
- Co-operate with engineering, project planning, cost control and other departments to ensure the specified equipment is correctly planned and delivered on schedule
- Provide input to Project Services on commitments made
- Report to the Project Director on all project related aspects
- Liaise with the Customer on all project related procurement matters
- Receive and Review Purchase Requisitions and/or Scopes of Work, verifies required approvals are in place.
- Establish and propose material, equipment or services sources, receive quotations and secure bids both locally and overseas. Undertake and/or monitor the negotiation of purchase orders and contracts, follow-up, schedule and expedite deliveries.
- Negotiate with vendors to deliver best value to the company
- Manage a designated group of products and suppliers to ensure a secure and sustainable supply chain is developed and maximum value is achieved for the business.
- Verify required vendor documentation is supplied on schedule
- Verify vendor deliverables such as insurance policies, bank guarantees etc. are provided accurately and on time and verify safe storage of such documents
- Verify timely desk expediting of equipment and materials ordered, tracking vendor’s progress and prepare regular reports
- Ensure vendor compliance with company requirements for safety.
- Implement purchasing strategies for products.
- Liaise with Finance to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the vendor
- Discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors, and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action.
- Liaise with QC to manage timely inspection of the goods on order as well as to arrange for field expediting visits when required
- Liaise with Materials Management and Fabrication Contractors or other as directed
- Verify resolution of any delivery discrepancies
- Verify the necessary approvals and documentation to support vendor invoices is provided
- Prepare and support any back charge claims to Vendors or Customer as applicable
- Participate in Corporate Knowledge Management, Learning Communities and other tools as provided
- Participate in department training sessions, share own expertise and experience
- Quality Assurance – Compliance with the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Any relevant educational qualification, preferably in Engineering, Procurement or Business Administration and Management
- 18 - 20 years of experience out of which at least 10 years in senior Procurement roles within the hydrocarbons industry
- Extensive experience in project procurement functions. Must have purchasing background
- Hands on experience purchasing and liaising with vendors on large to mega EPC/EPCM/E&P/FEED/Detailed Design projects in the hydrocarbons industry
- Good analytical, supervisory, communication and negotiation skills and able to work independently
- Proficient in the use of computing facilities and common software (MS Word, Excel etc).
- Ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken English, other languages a plus
- Capable of resolving conflicting matters
India-India Countrywide-Navi Mumbai