Deputy/ Assistant Manager - Coal - Chennai
IND-TN-ABRL ZonalOf, Chennai
Swiss Singapore India Pvt. Ltd
Introduction about the Business_1
A US $40 billion corporation the Aditya Birla Group is in the League of Fortune 500. It is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136000 employees belonging to 42 different nationalities. The Group operates in 36 countries Australia Austria Bangladesh Brazil Canada China Egypt France Germany Hungary India Indonesia Italy Ivory Coast Japan Korea Laos Luxembourg Malaysia Myanmar Philippines Poland Russia Singapore South Africa Spain Sri Lanka Sweden Switzerland Tanzania Thailand Turkey UAE UK USA and Vietnam.Swiss Singapore Overseas Enterprises Pte Ltd SSOE with a turnover in excess of USD 3 million is a Trading Solutions provider and has its presence across the Globe. The business is involved in the trading of Sulphur Coal / Coke Iron Ore Fertilizers Petro Products Agro Products Timber Logs Raw Cashew Nut Steel and Steel Scrap etc. The business operates in multigeographies and multiproducts making it a diversified conglomerate within one business.It is today the partner of choice for all its customers and suppliers.
To expand trade in East Coast of India for selling steam coal on FOB , CIF, Delivered and stock and sale basis
To set up liasoning in PSU business( small lots) for tender participation
Overview of responsibilities:
- Initiate business in East Coast of India
- Provide regular feedback and market intelligence
- Establishing oneself in the coal market and gaining market credibility and trust.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Responsible for new market development
- To take up market intelligence activities and build up a database , MIS
- Managing coal/ petroleum trading operations from the vessel to the customer and ensuring timely delivery of product to the customer.
- To obtain counterparty approvals
- Limit sanctions to be followed strictly
- Meeting sales targets as defined by the senior team
- Developing new accounts by identifying new customers
- Facilitating deal/transaction documentation by coordinating with various departments involved in the transaction
- Preparing sales contracts and critically reviewing purchase contracts as prepared by customers and complete management of sales transactions
- Ensuring high level of customer satisfaction by timely redressal of customer grievances through site inspection, communicating issues to suppliers and resolving complaints to maintain cordial relationships with customers
- Assisting Senior Trader/Vertical Head in expanding customer base through new market development
- Assisting Senior Trader/Vertical Head in formulation and implementation annual business plan
- Keeping track of competitor moves and global market trends and preparing market intelligence data for effective decision making
- Ensuring adherence to statutory compliances and company SOP.
- Ensuring timely receipt of payments by coordinating with accounts department for late payments and follow up with customers and maintaining zero overdue or bad-debts.
- Preparing daily, weekly and monthly MIS reports with respect to coal price movements and market trends and analyzing the same
- Preparation of daily business reports
- Nomination of vessel to buyers and suppliers and getting their confirmation
- Follow up with buyers/shipping dept for nomination of vessel in time
- Coordination with finance over negotiation of documents and receipt of payment
- Laytime calculations
- Preparation of master data of pending dem/dispatch.
- Overall responsible for timely SAP entries and monitoring the same
- Maintaining update data for which may be provided for preparation of relevant presentations.
- Knowledge of the coal industry trends across the globe
- Good analytical skills and ability to interpret market intelligence data for effective decision making
- Ability to liaise effectively with external agencies
- Good networking skills
- CA and/ MBA in Marketing/ Trading
- Good analytical skills and ability to interpret market intelligence data for effective decision making • Ability to liaise effectively with external agencies • Good networking skills
Indian Rupee (INR)
6 - 10 Years
Assistant General Manager
Last Date of Application