STRATEGIC STARTUP BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
AISPL - Delhi
New Delhi, Delhi
- 5-10+ years’ experience as a CXO or member of the senior management team in a startup, or equivalent experience in enterprise or venture capital roles.
- General management experience across strategy, product, sales/marketing, operations and finance.
- Knowledge of core cloud computing concepts, including compute, storage, networking, databases, analytics and higher order services, including serverless, IoT and machine learning. Ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate among various AWS services and provide insights at the CXO level.
- Proven ability to build trust and bond at the CXO level of the most promising startups in the world.
- Demonstrated ability to execute as an individual contributor in the face of ambiguity and limited resources.
- Experience working effectively and cross-functionally within a large organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, at the level of Fortune 500 C-level and board communications.
Location: Delhi, Bangalore & Mumbai
Are you energized by the prospect of working with the highest potential startups in India to help them succeed on, and with, Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud?
Amazon Internet Services Pvt. Ltd (AISPL) is the local seller of cloud computing services of Amazon referred as Amazon Web Services ("AWS") which enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon’s industry- leading cloud computing infrastructure. As Strategic Business Development Manager within AISPL, you will develop CXO relationships that allow you to understand, and frame, the customers’ strategic goals and align, or create, Amazon assets towards helping customers achieve those goals. For startups that choose to build on AWS, we work in partnership to speed their products to market, surmount technical and regulatory challenges, build products that operate securely at scale, and win them more business domestically and in global markets. We do this by mobilizing our own people, technology, knowledge, programs, relationships and sales channels (“assets”), across Amazon, to work on their behalf. You will work closely with sales, solution architects, product, partner and marketing teams in the alignment, and creation, of Amazon assets to serve customer needs.
The unique value of Strategic Business Development, is to:
- Build big ideas - We invest the necessary time to deeply understand our startup customers, and look for large opportunities that can generate significant value, even if they require unconventional deal structures or new products or services.
- Deliver with speed – We are a high judgment team that leverages extensive experience and rigorous analysis to provide confidence to executives on when to deviate from standard offerings or practices.
- Render “One Amazon” - We work across teams in AWS, and businesses in Amazon, to remove friction for our customers, thereby preventing the independent nature of Amazon teams from having a negative impact on our customers.
- Create new programs – Where big ideas or unconventional deal structures are suited to scalability, we define and implement new programs to be rolled out, based on the learnings and success with lead strategic customers, globally.
- Own long-term customer success – We use data and mechanisms to curate high potential startups, measure health of relationships, prioritize actions, ensure follow-through and serve as the “single source of truth” for internal teams.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create trusted CXO relationships and a deep understanding of needs/opportunities with these strategic startups.
- Creatively apply the broad assets of AWS, and Amazon, to help this strategic set of customers achieve disruptive innovation and leadership in their markets.
- Apply strong judgment to recommend new offers for unique customer opportunities and manage these bespoke engagements through implementation, learnings and, if suitable, scaling into new “standard” program offerings.
- Serve as the advocate and voice-of-the-customer, internally, for this strategic group of startups. Cultivate appropriate executive sponsorships within AWS and Amazon.
- Design metrics into the investment of time/resources and into the estimated/actual outcomes, with the intent of framing strategic decisions with quantitative ROI measures.
- Own and drive the long-term customer success for these strategic startups.
- Substantial experience with the board of directors .
- Exits through both M&A and IPO.
- BASc or BSc in computer science, engineering or information technology.
- MBA in finance or general management.
- International market experience (particularly US)