ICMR- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MALARIA RESEARCH
INDIAN COUNCIL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH (DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH RESEARCH)
SECTOR-8, DWARKA, NEW DELHI- 110077, INDIA
Tel:+91-11-25307103, 25307104, 25361092, 25361093
website : www.nimr.org.in, nimr.icmr.org.in
Ref No. :NIMR/Admn/DST-V/72/20/20 Date: 19.07.2021
VACANCY NOTIFICATION FOR CONTRACTUAL POSTS
ICMR-National Institute of Malaria Research will conduct walk-in-interview / written tests
on the below mentioned purely temporary project posts, tenable at ICMR-NIMR for the period
as mentioned against each post. The term may be extended further as per requirement.
Candidates possessing required essential qualifications, experience and age criteria may attend
walk-in-interview / written test at ICMR-NIMR, Sector-8, Dwarka, New Delhi -110077 on
the dates as indicated in the schedule below along with the filled-in prescribed application
form and supporting documents for date of birth, qualifications and experience.
The advertisement and the prescribed format is available on website
https://nimr.org.in/category/vacancy/ , https://nimr.icmr.org.in/index.php/notifications/vacancies
Project Title: “Establishing a pan-India landscape of human Plasmodium infections
from dried blood spots collected under National Family Health Survey-5 (NFHS-5)”
( PI: Dr. Abhinav Sinha, Scientist ‘E’)
Project description: Briefly, the project aims at detecting the presence of any of the 5
different species of Plasmodium parasites in DNA isolated from dried blood spots (DBS)
collected from individuals during the survey.
Sl Name of Post Monthly Job description / Essential Age limit
No. (number of posts) Consolidated Qualifications / Desirable as on last
Emolument qualification and experience date of
1. Research Rs 47,0 00/- plus 40 years
Associate-I (01) HRA @ 24% Essential Qualification: PhD
(UR) OR equivalent degree in
relevant subject OR 3 years’
(Duration upto 9 research, teaching and design
months ) May be and development experience in relevant subject after
extended further MSc/MPharma/MTech
research experience in relevant
field (DNA/RNA isolation,
molecular diagnostics, Realtime
PCR, TaqMan probe-based
real-time PCR for diagnosis of
human malaria parasite followed
by data analysis, along with
other jobs as assigned by the PI.
2. Senior Research Rs 35,0 00/- plus 35 years
Fellow (02) HRA@24% Essential Qualifications: (Post
(01-SC) Graduate Degree in basic
(01- OBC) science OR Post Graduate
Degree in professional course)
(Duration upto 3 AND two years’ research
May be extended Desirable:Demonstrable
further research experience in relevant
field (DNA/RNA isolation,
molecular diagnostics, Realtime
PCR, TaqMan probe-based
Job description: Isolation of
DNA using automatic nucleic
acid extractor and real-time PCR
for diagnosis of human malaria
parasite, along with other jobs as
assigned by the PI.
3. Project Assistant Rs 31,0 00/- 30 years
(01)(UR) Essential Qualifications and
experience: Graduate in science
(Duration upto 7 / relevant subjects from a
months ) recognized University + three
May be extended years’ work experience from a recognized institute OR
further Master’s degree in Life Science
Eligibility Tests or National
level examinations conducted by
Government of India. One year
or more of hands-on
demonstrable experience in
molecular biology (DNA/RNA
isolation, PCR primer
Job description: Pre-treatment
procedures of isolation of DNA
using automatic nucleic acid
extractor along with other jobs
as assigned by the PI.
Project Title: “Development of molecular diagnostics tool for identification of non-
human primates malaria parasites Plasmodium cynomolgi and Plasmodium knowlesi”
( PI: Dr. Ram Das, Scientist ‘D’)
1. Project Assistant Rs 18,000/- Essential Qualifications and experience: 30 years
(01)(OBC) Graduate in life science / relevant subjects
from a recognized University + three
( Duration upto years’ work experience from a recognized
6 months ) institute OR Master’s degree in Life Science
Desirable: M.Sc. in
and Qualified National Eligibility Tests or
National level examinations conducted by
Government of India. One Year or more of
hands-on demonstrable experience in
molecular biology (DNA/RNA isolation,
RT-PCR and DNA sequencing)
Terms and Conditions:
1. Interested and eligible candidates can appear for walk-in-interview/personal discussions on
the dates mentioned against each post alongwith the duly filled in the prescribed
application form (attached). Kindly note, separate application is to be submitted for
each post in each/different project.
2. It may be mentioned here that incomplete applications, application not submitted in
prescribed format and application without supportive documents asked for shall be
3. Qualification and experience should be in relevant discipline/field and from a reputed
institution / organization recognized by relevant authority.
4. Experience shall be counted from the date of completion of minimum essential educational
5. Submission of incorrect or false information during the process of walk-in- interview/or
personal discussion shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
6. The Director reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of vacancies as per
requirement and reserves the right to fill up or not to fill up any of the vacancy in view of
7. Candidate should write the Name of project on the top of the application. Candidates
applying for more than one post should apply SEPARATELY for each post.
8. No benefit of provident fund, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Claim etc. will be
considered, since the posts are purely temporary basis.
9. Age relaxation is admissible to SC/ST OBC/Exm/ Departmental Candidates including
projects as per Govt. of India/ICMR Norms. No age relaxation will be considered for
10. Age limit and experience will be considered as on the date of walk-in-interview/personal
11. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the walk-in-interview/personal discussion/written
12. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification / experience does not guarantee selection.
13. Candidates employed in Govt. Service /Semi Govt./ Autonomous Bodies of State/Central
Govt. should submit a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of walk-
in- interview/written test / personal discussion failing which he/she will not be allowed to
appear in written/personal discussion.
14. Community/Caste Certificate: Candidates applying under OBC category, shall submit
attested copy of OBC Non-Creamy Layer Certificate in specified format, issued within one
year from the date of walk-in interview test and /or personal discussion by the appropriate
authority. Only Non Creamy layer OBC certificates will be accepted and other certificates
will not be accepted.
15. All posts are contractual for the duration offered. The appointment may be renewed after
every specific period of time subject to satisfactory performance and project requirement.
16. The above posts are filled-up on purely temporary basis and contractual basis & the
candidate will have no right to claim for any type of Permanent Employment under ICMR-
NIMR or continuation of his/her services in any other project.
17. The Director has the right to accept/reject any application without assigning any reason
thereof and no correspondence/recommendation will be entertained in this matter.
18. Canvassing and bringing inside or outside influence in any form for short listing and
employment will treated as a disqualification and the candidate will be debarred from
19. Candidates possessing the essential qualification and experience may appear for walk-in-
interview/or personal discussion at Director, ICMR-National Institute of Malaria
Research, Sector-8, Dwarka, New Delhi-110077on the dates as indicated in schedule for
walk-in- interview/or personal discussion (as applicable) given below:
SCHEDULE FOR WALK-IN- INTERVIEW/PERSONAL DISCUSSION
Post Date and time of verification of
Senior Research Fellow On 29.07.2021
From 09:00 am to 10:00 am
Project Assistant , Rs 31,000/- On 30-07-2021
Project Assistant , Rs 18,000/- From 09:00 am to 10:00 am
Research Associate-I On 02-08-2021
From 09:00 am to 10:00 am
(a) Interview will be held on the same day after registration and verification of
documents. No candidate will be allowed to enter after scheduled date and time.
(b) If there are more than 30 candidates against any post, written examination will
be conducted and shortlisted candidates will be considered for
20. Those appearing for Walk-in-Interview/personal discussion, he/she must bring all original
certificates (1) Educational qualification (2) Proof of Date of birth (3) Experience
certificates/testimonials (4) One-self attested recent passport size photograph (5) ID Proof
(Ex. Aadhar/PAN/Voter ID/Driving License etc.) (6) One set of self-attested photocopies of
all documents. (7) SC/ST/OBC Certificates, if applicable. (8) Candidates should produce all
certifications/testimonials in original for verification at the time of walk in –interview.
21. Candidates who will report after the scheduled date/time will not be allowed to appear in
interview / or personal discussion.
22. Any Addendum/Corrigendum in respect of above vacancies, notice shall be issued on
websites www.nimr.org.in only and no separate notification shall be issued in the press.
Applicants are requested to regularly visit the website (www.nimr.org.in) to keep themselves
updated. Information on ICMR-NIMR can be viewed on the website nimr.icmr.org.in
Note: The following Preventive measures are to be adhered strictly by the candidates appearing
for walk-in-interview on the scheduled date and time to contain the spread of Novel Corona Virus
(COVID-19) inside the premises and during recruitment process:
(a) Wearing of face cover is compulsory.
(b) Spitting in public & work place shall be punishable with fine, as may be prescribed in
accordance with its laws, rules or regulations by the State/UT local authority.
(c) Social distancing shall be followed by all persons in public places and in transport.
(d) Provision for thermal screening, hand wash and sanitizer shall be made at all entry and exist
points and common areas.
(e) Use of ArogyaSetu App is mandatory.
(f) Large physical gathering at one place should be avoided.
(g) As much as possible candidates should avoid using other’s phones, desk, offices or other work
tools and equipment. Clean and disinfect them before and after use.
(h) Loitering and crowding in corridors should be avoided and people should maintain distance.
Posted on ICMR/NIMR website on 19.07.2021