We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The Production Operator is part of the operating staff in his area. The Production Operator reports to the Shift Leader/Production Supervisor and has responsibility for carry out the work which is allocated to him in order to ensure the smooth running of the production process. The job holder has the responsibility to operate the machines and all of its affiliated processes (preparing raw materials & packaging, unloading, packing & labeling), in compliance with legal and company rules.
- Preparation of raw materials and packaging: Review labels on raw material to ensure correct weight, type, and lot/batch no. before charging raw material in the mixers check and ensure mixer temperature, rotating speeds of agitator “rpm” vacuum pressure, etc.
- Operation of mixer: verify and load raw material (Load raw material by yourself) in line with process instructions and procedures, take samples, unload and pack. And documents of process (traceability and legal requirement).
- Ensure production is against work instructions issued for the produced item to guarantee proper operating conditions.
- Carry out all operations with compliance with the Quality and Operating procedures of HBF.
- Packaging the final product according to the instructions and ensure that the final product is of standard quality level of HBF.
- Zero mistakes in the finished product labels for carton boxes, Drums, Bags and pallet labels and inform Shift leader if any mistakes in labels and take the proper action to correct labels.
- Maintain and promote housekeeping / 5S standards
- Ensure a safe operation of the daily production in his area, in line with Quality and EHS standards (e.g. guarantees that personal protective equipment is available and used), report any deviations from process or safety standards.
- Implementation & Compliance with all legal and company EHS policy and procedures, report any deviation from safety instructions to ensure a secure working environment.
- Carry out any other duties which requested from the Shift Leader / Supervisor or Production Manager.
- Preferred education in a technical area
- > 2 years practical work experience in chemical industry as operator
- Willingness to work in a shift pattern (currently 3 shifts of 8 hours)
- Ability to read and understand work orders, production process, safety regulations and quality procedures and instructions.
- Good technical understanding of production processes used in the area of responsibility
- Good computer skills on standard software (MS-Office etc.).
- Previous experience in chemical industry essential, adhesive industry would be a plus
- BSC / MSC or Chemical Diploma.