ASEAN & South Asia-India-Chennai
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Domain Capabilities –
Product / Domain Knowledge
Possesses in-depth understanding (end to end) on the product / process
Having knowledge of Credit / Debit Card transaction cycles.
Having knowledge of the end to end process of chargeback.
Able to perform rule based technical work involving acceptable deviations and exceptions
Should perform the chargeback process in line with Visa/MasterCard/RBI rules and regulations.
Able to identify, understand and articulate the requirements of the products from customer point of view & how it will benefit them
Able to guide the front end to get the relevant details/supporting documents to proceed with the chargeback process as per Visa/MasterCard rules and regulations.
Able to identify opportunities to automate repetitive logic based manual activities.
Ability to identify automation opportunity to avoid unnecessary excel tracking.
Perform independent activities concurrently
Ability to analyses the disputes in all aspects in line with Visa/MasterCard chargeback guidelines.
Highlight to seniors in case of exceptions and also for high value cases.
Give inputs from ground level after understanding the big picture
Having end to end understanding of the process starting from the receipt of dispute form and the closure of case to provide the inputs to avoid any process lapse or process gap.
Supports and involves in change management plans in achieving mutual objectives to manage change.
Ability to update their knowledge as when there are changes in the Visa/MasterCard/RBI rules and regulations.
Open to suggestions and experimentation
Should be willing to experiment by capitalizing on the UAT environments available for various projects to check the process improvements by change of parameter settings in CCMS / Cards 400
Should be willing to experiment effectively which would bring in reduction of TAT for customer, process efficiency, cost saving or increase in revenue without any disruption to BAU activities
To have a sense of urgency in meeting deliverables in TAT and Accuracy
To always have customer requirements in mind while executing Credit card transactions
To perform all the credit card transactions right the first time
Possess ability to understand the work plans and organizes their own work effectively
Able to identify sudden changes at a transactional level
Raises issues when they see the task is at risk
Completes work as assigned
Operational risk Management
Understands what the various risks are at transaction level and some of the mandatory actions that need to be performed.
Escalates issues to senior management within parameters of role
Describes the fundamentals of operations risk
Awareness on transactional level fraud
- Able to drive quality work within team and self
- Proof reads work and/or checks the process delivered thoroughly in order to eliminate errors.
- When issues present consults with others in order to ensure he/she has resolved them in the appropriate way.
Considers the impact of their actions on the end-to-end process and customer.
Understands basic customer service requirement and able to apply same in own areas of work
Able to provide differentiated customer service for various types/ grades of customers
Treat all clients with respect and cultural awareness
Able to show empathy in terms of keeping the customer point of view while processing a transaction / working
- Possesses ability to translate complex information into easy- to-understand language
- Proficient in both verbal and written communication
- Escalates issues and concerns in a timely manner
- Understands the situation and perform right escalations
- Being able to provide data for performing root cause of the problem
- Ability to speak up when in disagreement and opposition
- Ability to understand the existence of crisis and conflicts
- Able to work in a team with good interpersonal skills
- Understands and knows who the stake holders are and meets SLAs.
- Able to provide timely and accurate response to queries / request raised by Stakeholders
- Able to co operate and work as a team in an open and approachable style.
- Be good team player taking team’s goals in to consideration.
- Understands the need for change and willingly accepts it
- Able to quickly adapts to changes with regards to process, projects, behavior etc
- Ability to look beyond self interest to collective interest
- To positively respond to the pace of change
- Able to analyze the process to understand the dimensions of the job
B.Com, MBA Finance; Any Degree with Accountancy
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.