Role and Responsibilities
The Head of Marketing RDC India is responsible for developing and implementation of the marketing strategy for RDC India in alignment with RDC India strategy and agenda focusing on strategic initiatives, portfolio management, marketing services and customer service team. This position is overall responsible for RDC India marketing function and leads a direct team of Marketing Managers and Customer service Managers. This position will report to the General Manager of Diabetes Care India and is a member of the site Leadership Team.
Developing & Leading strategy execution
- Develops and implements Integrated Personalized Diabetes Management strategy for India, provides portfolio lifecycle support (e.g. launch, phase-out), marketing tactics and pricing strategies
- Generates strategic insights and innovation marketing strategies in collaboration with RDC India strategy
- Ensures RDC India marketing strategy alignment with sales and other business functions and contribution to strategic projects by providing marketing strategy input about local external environment and customers in India
- Leads the RDC India Marketing department to be the main interface for sharing best practices and ideas to sales and other business functions, setting up a mechanism to make the market’s ideas and investments opportunities.
. Lead the identification and implementation of new business models. Provide market research data, analyze and interpret the findings to support marketing and organizational strategies and programs.
- Knows the economic, market and industry trends in India and uses trend data to maximize opportunities and minimize risk exposure
- Acts as a driver and catalyst for agile-working marketing team
Deliver Results and Budget Accountability
Deliver business targets annually of topline and bottom line
Drive market leadership through market share gain and/or maintenance.
Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual marketing budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions. Set and monitor the marketing budget, optimizing resource allocation to best meet marketing objectives.
Portfolio Management and New Products & Solutions
- Defines the overall RDC India product and portfolio strategy in alignment RDC India requirements and global Diabetes Care product and portfolio strategy
- Manages strategic portfolio of products from commercialization to obsolescence, including all activities related to pre-launch, launch and phasing out.
- Develops expertise on new products and digital health solutions, supporting its deployment in India.
- Ensures launch excellence and working closely with RDC Region International marketing in the provision of country marketing expertise to region in the area of Product Marketing, Branding and Digital Marketing.
- Demonstrates effective people leadership in line with Roche Leadership Commitments
- Makes employee engagement part of overall business strategy by focusing on the right things that matter to our employees and our business while creating a motivating, high-performing workforce that gives us a competitive advantage
- Establishes an efficient team with clearly defined roles and responsibilities
Ensures marketing department operational requirements are met by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
Maintains marketing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Communicates clear performance expectations, ensures feedback/coaching for the team
- Builds individual and organizational capability through effective implementation of Roche programs and practices and development of function specific strategies/initiatives
- Is visible and communicates with people at all levels
- Ensures there are mechanisms for retaining key talent
- Proactive succession planning for key position in the marketing department
Ensure that all relevant Company Policies and Procedures are understood by the team and adhered to
Create and implement necessary local policies and standard operating procedures.
Education & Experience
Minimum MBA in Marketing
Minimum 15+ years related business experience at a senior leadership level preferably someone with both healthcare/pharma and consumer channel experience
Experience in both Marketing and Sales
Experience with Diabetes market in India will be highly valued
Strong Strategic Marketing acumen. Ability to lead and think strategically
Experienced People Leader. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire & lead teams in a complex organization
Strong strategic thinking capabilities
Ability to quickly grasp unmet customer needs and translate them into business opportunities
Ability to distill complex topics into simple and concise messages
Ability to transfer analysis, concepts and ideas into inspiring & convincing communications
Solid financial analytic skills, applied to Marketing Management
Ability to gain alignment from peers, regional functions and country heads, and influence senior leadership
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead teams in a complex, matrix organization
Strong communication skills; ability to transfer analysis, concepts and ideas into convincing communication
Fluent in English
Roche Core Competencies
Teamwork and Collaboration :
Building, developing and leading teams
Relationship building and communication
Problem solving and Decision making
Achieving Results :
Formulating policies and setting guidelines
Feedback and Coaching:
Performance Measurement and Management
Technical and Business Expertise:
Business Planning and Strategy Execution
Direct reports (Internal):
Digital and e-Commerce
Indirect reports (External):
Customer Service center
Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.