Project Management plans, controls and executes a project or set of related projects to meet identified business needs and deliver business value, through acquiring and utilizing the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality. This position will lead medium-to-large projects of moderate-to-high complexity and risk and has the following accountabilities:
- Plan, execute, monitor, control, and close all aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Rigorously manage scope through a structured change management process to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed time, cost, and quality parameters with focus on delivering the business benefits.
- Create and validate financial forecasts and provide ongoing reconciliation of resources and expenditures.
- Proactively analyze risks and variances against plan to assess trends threatening agreed scope, time, cost, and quality commitments. Identify signs that a project may be at risk and escalate quickly and appropriately.
- Ensure appropriate stakeholder change and communication plans and engagements are developed and executed.
- Partner with business stakeholders to define success metrics and criteria and to identify, measure, and track planned vs. achieved benefits.
- Apply Shell project management and IT control/assurance methodologies, standards and processes including architecture, information risk management, and transition to support.
- Create a motivated high-performing team through team building, information sharing, workload management, and appropriate recognition. Develop the skills of team members through coaching and delegation.
- Establish and maintain appropriate and effective Governance structures and procedures to obtain resources, drive decisions, resolve issues, and deliver project objectives.
Should have experience in one of the below
- Experience in managing market standard implementation projects, cloud-based applications
- A 4-year degree in IT or a related field
- Typical Experience: 15+ years in IT with 5+ years of IT Project Management experience
- Agile project experience.
- Good understanding and experience of the various Agile frameworks
- Experience planning and leading of Agile projects and educating stakeholders and others involved while managing a project
- Agile certifications/trainings preferred
- Experience in Agile tooling (ex -VSTS)
- Exhibiting servant leadership behavior, empowerment and increasing transparency that enables self-organization of teams
- Professional certifications related to project management (e.g. PMP (preferred) or Prince 2 Practitioner).
- Demonstrated learning agility in ambiguous and unfamiliar situations.
- Familiar with and able to adhere to project management methodologies and tools.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills - including experience coaching stakeholders.
- Experience in leading a distributed team.
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programmes, which see our employees, thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India’s energy sector alone, in socially and environmentally responsible ways. Shell is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India.
Shell has established a new IT hub in Bangalore, and plans to scale it up over a five year period. The purpose of the IT Hub is to enable the Business by focusing on business outcomes, delivering fit for business technology solutions which enable business agility and profitable growth.
We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.