- Excellent communication and writing skills, and be both technical and analytical and possess solid experience in business development or account management within public sector market segments.
- Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Must have a good understanding of government procurement and state level contract vehicles.
- Excellent communicator who can quickly earn the respect of the team and customers.
- Must have the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Acts in accordance with vision, mission, and established goals.
- The right person will be technical and analytical, and possess several years of business development/sales, or program/product management experience.
Would you like to influence cloud-computing adoption in Government?
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with India public sector organizations who are reinventing their IT strategy by adopting cloud computing?
Do you have the business savvy, public sector industry experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
Amazon Internet Services Private Limited (AISPL), an Indian Amazon affiliate, is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to lead it’s West State and Local Government (SLG) vertical. As the Business Development Manager for West within AISPL focusing on the India state government customers you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon RDS, etc). . You will manage a team of Account managers managing the business for west territory.Your responsibilities will include helping to define key public sector market segments in SLG to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in those markets, and enabling the customer team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the high-level government officials, state nodal bodies and department heads, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive and scrappiness is necessary.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the State and Local Government public sector team in helping to drive the West market and technical strategy .
- Help define the SLG market segments, customer base and partner ecosystem we target.
- Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it is in line with the AISPL strategic direction.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. business development teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Understand the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group for AISPL.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
- Experienced with account management and solution selling ability
- Relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as database systems, core distributed computing concepts, high performance computing, and fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems with ability to go deep in specific technology domains of the education and research sector.
- MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background.
- Experience with cloud rate contracts with state nodal agencies.
- Working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.