Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers.
Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Manages employees performing the activities of gathering, analyzing, interpreting, preparing and reconciling financial information according to Company and regulatory accounting policies and procedures. Develops and executes project and process plans, implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals. Acquires resources for projects and processes, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements. Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports. Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes. Manages, develops and motivates employees.
The primary responsibility is managing the team and activities in APAC/India region related to the Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable process in partnership with our outsourced services, guarantying compliance with origination countries regulations/staturoty requirements and corporate policies and procedures. The position will also lead global projects by working closely with the America's and Amsterdam regional finance centers and with our outsourced provider to develop global processes.
Education and Experience:
- Manages the Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable team supporting all the entities within the APC/India region. Includes Customer Vendor Relations, and the AP disbursement group which handles all check distbursements. Includes oversight and integration of a third party vendor who provides transactional support.
- Ensures timely and accurate payments to vendors, builds key relationships with internal and external business partners, and drives department efficiencies through automations.
- Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accruacy of financial statements by working closely with the accounting team.
- Plays a key role in supporting the Global Process Standarization initiatives.
- Leads and manages multiple projects including cross-functional teams to address risks, improve processing effectiveness and support global growth by making it easier to do business across the globe.
- Works closely with Regional Finance and Boeing International Service Leaders supporting cross-regional and enterprise-wide finance and business initiatives.
- Develops effective working relationships and communication with key stakeholders and business unit focals, including liaising closely across functions such as Tax, Law, Accounting, Payroll, Supplier Management, and Treasury.
- Trains and evalautes emplyees to enhance their performance, develeopment, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions with allocated budgets and company gui lines.
- Support internal and external audits.
Chartered Accountancy qualification and Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a business related discipline (preferably accounting), 12+ years of experience is required along with 2-4 years of leadership experience, and accounting services experience in a financial shared service center within the greater geographic region.
Experience working with an outsourcing partner is preferred.
Strong organizational skills, excellent judgment, extreme discretion and the ability to think independently and work collaboratively.
Demonstrated outstanding communication skills:
Listens and demonstrates understanding; clarifies meaning for others; speaks with clarity and precision; able to communicate with a diverse audience; writes clearly and concisely.
Fluent (written and spoken) in multiple languages strongly preferred. Must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
Advanced problem solving skills:
Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to policies, procedures, and practices for guidance.
Oracle knowledge (version 11i or 12) is preferred; in the absence of Oracle experience, knowledge of other ERP systems such as SAP is an advantage.
Must have a tolerance for organizational complexity and needs to be a very strong, committed team player. Needs to embody most if not all of the following behavioral characteristics:
Foster diversity and cultural differences.
Provide an ethical and personal leadership model.
Be a team player, willing to perform duties occasionally not in job description in support of colleagues.
Understand customer and business partner collaboration and satisfaction.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in India. Boeing will not seek immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants; this is the responsibility of the job candidate. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. RELOCATION BENEFITS IF INDICATED ARE LIMITED TO IN-COUNTRY MOVES AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR OVERSEAS RELOCATION. THERE IS NO EXPATRIATE PACKAGE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION.