- Provide technical/project leadership for either O&G/ Marine/Industry projects and support for business development.
- Ensures all technical requirements on allocated projects are met.
- Lead and coordinate design teams to meet project objectives (quality, cost & delivery).
- Provide the key technical interface to the customer.
- Identify and propose improvements in processes, tools and system solutions, rolling out improvements when agreed with leadership team
- Support the Business Verticals in creating and reviewing (in conjunction with the leadership team) systems solutions as part of the OTR process, ensuring that solutions are technically fit for purpose and that technical risk is understood and managed with contingencies identified.
- Lead project deliverables and actively engage where project teams would benefit from technical intervention.
- Review solutions developed by project teams and identify opportunities for improvement of process, system, or equipment to prevent errors.
- Lead in resolving technical issues in current projects, equipment under test or in-service platforms.
- Support the leadership team in the development of technology road maps in response to future business opportunities and strategy, whilst providing direction and a domain application view point to the Platform Engineering and Value Engineering teams.
- Advance power systems engineering technical knowledge (both general and domain specific)
- Develop links with similar skills groups within the wider GE business to improve the benefits of synergies.
- Liaise with Platform Engineering, Technology and Value Engineering, and Supply Chain as appropriate in order to support the project and the business.
- Liaise with other GE businesses, sub-contractors and suppliers as appropriate in order to support the project and the business.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to the overall project team as appropriate including Commissioning and Service.
- Improve the efficiency of the engineering process, through development and use of standard engineering solutions for projects.
- Drive lean mind set to provide optimum technical solutions for the projects.
- Follow all company and customer health and safety regulations.
- Masters /Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in electrical engineering or related subject.
- Electrical engineering experience either in Marine/O&G/Industry.
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in engineering design, application, testing and commissioning environment
- LV / HV switchgear and transformer specification and application
- Induction and synchronous motors and their control systems
- Power system control and protection
- LV and MV variable speed drives and motors for either Marine/O&G/Industry applications
- MV & LV power system cabling (cable selection, rating etc.)
- Experience of system integration working on multi-discipline projects
- Experience in leading either Marine/O&G/Industry projects.
- Open communication style and shown ability to develop team relationships.
- Capable of leading a multi-disciplined team.
- Ability to multi-task on a variety of projects to strict time scales.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to energize teams and perceives change as an opportunity.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and communicate at all levels
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse and matrix environment
GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
“GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
**Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is not mandatory. “