Essential Skills :
Excellent Exposure in Vehicle/BCM/Engine/Transmission/Drivetrain ECUs diagnostics validations
Experience in ECU diagnostics validation and Knowledge in protocols ISO14229, ISO15765, SAE J1939, KWP2000, etc.
Understanding and working experience in generation and maintenance of ECU Diagnostic Description files (CDD files etc.)
Good Programming skills in C, Java and experience in CAPL.
In depth understanding of CAN & LIN protocols.
Diagnostics validation & testing
Good Communication and interpersonal skills
Desired Key Skills:
1. Hands-on Experience in Vector tools such as CANdela Studio, CANDiva, CANoe and ODX/OTX Studio and other OEM specific diagnostic tools.
2. Experience in hardware debugging and setting up ECU diagnostic Test Bench set-up’s and HIL setups.
3. Good exposure to configuration management tools like PTC integrity, SVN, Jira, GIT and requirement management tools like DOORS.
4. Experience in development of ECU Diagnostic Software is added advantage.
5. Automotive Basic Domain Knowledge
Diagnostics validation – CDD authoring, Protocol conformance testing, flash conformance testing, fault management testing.
Checking of diagnostics data for ODX compatibility for Autosar and backward compatibility.
Education Engineering in Electrical or Electronics or Mechanical/Automobile Engg
No of Years: 2 to 4
Type of Work: Powertain ECU Diagnostics SW & Validation Engineer
Areas of Work:
Organization Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India Private Limited
Primary Location India-Karnataka-Bangalore
Work Locations Mercedes-Benz Research & Development India, Whitefield Palms Whitefield Palms, Plot No. 9 & 10 EPIP Zone, Phase 1, Whitefield Road 560 066