Principal Investigator/ Team Leader
About IPE CKD
IPECKDisanot-for-profitentity,foundedin2014.ItisincubatedbyIPEGlobalLtd,anIndianInternationaldevelopmentconsultingfirmwithatrackrecordofimplementingmultisectoral,largescaleandhighimpactdevelopmentprojectsandsolutionsacrosscontinents. IPE-CKD strives to create a world imbued with values of diversity, equity andinclusivity (DEI) where women, adolescents and children realize their full potential. Ourmissionistoensureequitableaccesstohealthandnutrition;21stcenturyskillsandeducation;equalemploymentopportunitiesandgreenjobs.Ourvaluesarealignedtowardscatalysingsocialandeconomicempowermentforthemostmarginalizedand underprivilegedsectionsofthesociety.
About the Project
IPE CKD will be implementing a new and exciting three-year project in 5 tribal districts ofJharkhand with an objective to improve access to nutrition in tribal communities. Theobjective is to build evidence on the role of social accountability in improving nutritionservicestotribalwomenandchildren.Theprojectwillcloselyworkwithrelevantstakeholders in the State to improve the uptake and access of services under the IntegratedChildDevelopmentServices(ICDS)andthePradhanMantriMatruVandanaYojana(PMMVY).
The Procurement Officer shall facilitate end to end process of procurement process for good, works and services for the project, and report to Team Leader.
- Develop a procurement plan for the project and make necessary amends to the procurement plan as per the needs of the program in consultation with team leader.
- Drafting the IFB/ITBs, REOIs, ToRs, RFPs, Bidding Documents, etc. as per the standard procurement guidelines of the project and IPECKD.
- Draft replies to the queries from the bidders/consultants if applicable minutes of pre-proposal/pre-bid conference and issue amendment/s to the procurement documents.
- Conduct evaluation of proposals / bids received.
- Monitor progress of contracts implementation to ensure that it abides by the stipulated standards, procedures, and operational modalities.
- Facilitate the process of issuance of service orders in accordance with contract modalities.
- Conduct due diligence by assessing the invoices, timesheets, payment vouchers and any other relevant documents to ensure they are in accordance with the signed contracts; and approve the same for payment by the finance officer.
- Maintain systematically all the procurement related records and documentations for audit also for timely review by donor.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the incumbent may be required to undertake other duties as determined by the people manager that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Qualification & Experience
- Degree in Administration, Engineering, Accounting, and Management or equivalent.
- National and/or international certification of training in procurement.
- At least 8-10 years of professional experience in the procurement area, with at least specific experience in 4-5 projects funded by the international donors, bilateral/multilateral aid agencies, philanthropies in the preparation of tender documents for goods, works and Services and respective evaluation reports.
- In-depth knowledge of procurement processes and grasp over organizational guidelines
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Hindi.
- Experienced in the use of information and communication technologies (e-mail, internet, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project, and Database);
IPE Global is committed to using fair, objective, and positive employment practices to promote equal opportunities and diversity in employment, ensuring that all employees including potential employees are treated fairly, consistently and with respect, before, during and after, their employment. We seek to create an environment that is representative of, and responsive to, different groups.