The Manager, Talent Development will be responsible for designing, implementing and monitoring the Induction & Onboarding, learning opportunities and vision for engagement for all staff members at Teach For India. This will include, but is not limited to:
Creating an operational plan for Talent Development and Engagement at Teach For India based on the Vision and strategy for Learning and Engagement.
Curating learning opportunities for Staff.
Currently, Teach For India has ~ 300 staff members and the Human Resources team is responsible for hiring, developing and engaging this diverse, multi-talented and passionate group of people. Beyond this, the Human Resources team also helps build awareness about Teach for India’s movement and engages with people who have expressed an interest in working for the organization. Finally, the Human Resources team also remains engaged with Staff Alumni, such that they continue to remain lifelong ambassadors for Teach for India.
What Teach For India Can Offer You
1) A challenging yet flexible workplace in which every individual employee’s staff journey is tracked for excellence and leadership development.
2) A work environment in which employees’ holistic well-being is a core priority, enabling people to be their best selves.
3) The opportunity to be part of one of the most established and visionary movements in the education sector in India which is at a pivotal point in terms of expanding its scale and outreach across the nation and working with changemakers across the country.
4) Access to connections and resources from the global Teach For All network that includes partner organisations spanning 48 countries across 6 continents.
5) Remuneration that is competitive with Indian NGO pay scales and a benefits package that includes extensive medical insurance and maternity coverage for both parents
With developing leadership as a focus, Teach For India prioritises the learning and engagement of our people. In this role, you will be responsible for envisioning and operationalising a talent learning and engagement plan for 300 Staff members across departments. Key priorities in this role include -
1. Onboarding and Induction
Creating and executing an induction plan
Designing the materials and resources to facilitate strong onboardings into the organisation that will be co-executed by hiring managers and human resources
2. Ongoing Learning and Development
Designing and executing training programs for specific groups (eg: Associate Bootcamps, The Great Manager Track) and adapting these trainings through the year to meet the needs and requirements of our people growth prioritie
Curating learning opportunities for our Staff and identifying fair and consistent ways to roll out these opportunities on an ongoing basis
Working with the Manager, Performance Management to think through succession planning, and explore high potential staff programs
Designing systems, spaces and methods that will enable Staff to Foster connections with the movement, the organisation and each other
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
3+ years of relevant work experience is preferred
Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
Building Relationships and communicating effectively with others
Ability to blend research with practice
Ability to navigate change in a complex work environment