Maersk, is a Danish business conglomerate founded in 1904, with activities in the transport and logistics and energy sectors. Maersk has been the largest container ship and supply vessel operator in the world since 1996. The company is based in Copenhagen, Denmark with subsidiaries and offices across 130 countries and around 88,000 employees.
The company has been running its business operations here in India for past many years. It has a substantial presence in India through its GSC located in Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune and Chennai backed by a strong workforce of over 8,000 people.
The new digital capability centre is very unique and key to Maersk’s overall clients, terminals and supply chain business as well as an organisation, particularly on the digital front.
This position offers the unique opportunity to develop and apply your cutting-edge knowledge of application development related methods and tools to create results and insights that will accelerate the transformation of our business model, and to work with business specialists across Maersk Group.
This is an extremely exciting time to join a fast paced, growing and dynamic team that solves some of the toughest problems in the industry and builds the future of trade & logistics.
At A.P. Moller - Maersk we focus on the individual’s development and the right candidate will have broad possibilities to further develop competencies in an environment characterized by change and continuous progress.
- Provide design validation on key technologies in API development
- Building software in accordance to the standards and guidelines
- Responsible for the quality design and implementation (supportable, maintainable, scalable, performant, secure) of APIs delivering business value
- Providing expertise regarding API technologies.
- Ensuring builds are kept green and the code management strategy (branching) is closely followed.
- Raising capability and standards within team; pairing on tasks, peer review of team members’ code and constructive feedback for improvement in both the code base and team capability (blame free feedback etc.)
- Proactive contribution to continual improvements within your team through both active participation in retrospective and from engagement with cross team best-practice communities
- Advisory to Product Owners to identify and manage risks, debt, issues and opportunities for the technical improvement
- Supporting the recruitment of (developers) across the department
- Technical support during cut-over activities
- Providing continuous improvement suggestions in internal code frameworks, best practices and guidelines.
We are looking for
- Minimum 5 – 8 years’ experience in building applications on Java 8.0, J2EE stack
- Good exposure to Oracle Service Bus Services
- Experience with API Gateways and integrations (Apigee, Akana)
- Spring Framework (Core, Boot, Reactive Stack and Servlet Stack)
- Authentication standards and protocols (OAuth2, OpenID Connect)
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline with Maven, Jenkins, Nexus
- Microservices Design & Development
- API definition using Swagger
- Hands on experience in developing scalable and robust RESTful APIs
- Hands on experience on frameworks: Spring, Hibernate, JPA
- Deep knowledge of REST/SOAP
- Experience with Spring Boot, Microservice, Message Queues(JMS based), SQL
- Build effective unit and integration test cases using JUnit, Mockito
- Experience on Microsoft Azure App Services.
- Experience in working in a cloud environment (Azure) will be an added advantage.
- User Management in terms of authorisation (Role based access control implementations)
- Database knowledge for integration – Oracle 12c, JDBC, Cassandra, MS SQL,MySQL
- Strong Experience Using BDD and TDD approaches and tooling
- Containerised Deployment – Docker, Kubernetes
- Secure by design
- Scripting Language – JS, Angular, Bootstrap
- Messaging/Streaming – MQ, Kafka
- XSD design and implementation
- Reporting – Microsoft SSRS – configuration/integration • Agile software development experience, preferable with experience of XP or other high collaboration approaches
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to translate between technical language and business language, and communicate to different target groups
- Ability to understand complex design
- Possessing the ability to balance and find compromises between opposing forces and opinions, within the development team
- Fact based and result oriented
- Ability to work independently with only little guidance
- Excellent verbal and written communication