Posted on 03-Feb-20
OFFICER I - DISTRIBUTION, Asian Paints Limited (APL), 1, Customer centricity
Customer centricity Business Perspective
Asian Paints Limited (APL)
Supply Chain (SCHN)
Executive/Manager – Distribution
Officer level I/II
Jobs Reporting Into
- Analysis of coverage and stocks at depo level and expedite supplies from plant and TL to depots
- Regular monitoring of service levels against KPIs and act on the same
- To ensure opening & closing stocks at depot minimize sale loss
- Meet key performance parameters for TL operations and health like STO ageing, FM excess, truck turn around team, volume damage per MT, commercials, capex purchases, timely payments, safety / operations audit compliance in coordination with CFA team at TL , transporters and other vendors.
Business Responsibility Areas
(Please detail out at least 8-10 responsibility areas)
Key Performance Indicators
- Creation of deliveries in system for dispatches from plant and TL considering coverage and low stock SKUs to ensure service levels.
- Regular monitoring of stock outs and low stocks and actioning on low stocks cases by coordinate with plant / CFA team / transporters / OBL team / production planning to ensure service levels
- Coordinate with Sales depots for stock pull backs and commercial / statutory / quality aspects related to good receipts / dispatches / damages.
- To co-ordinate with CFA team to ensure right process being followed to by them to ensure dispatch accuracy at a product level
- Keep tab on old stocks at TL. Track 9 month old stock and circulate report every month to UH and ensure timely disposal of old stock in coordination with CFA team.
- Ensure raising in transit delay debit notes on transporters on time
- Coordinate and facilitate insurance claim settlement via insurance work flow in coordination with SSC .
- Periodic monitoring to New Product / purchase product stocks and take allocations from NP & purchase product team for timely movement of the same
- To co-ordinate with CFA team and take action and recommendations to improve 5S at TL
- To coordinate and follow up with CFA team for timely closure of audit observations and non-compliances
- To co-ordinate with external vendors for quotations for defective material and ensure disposal of defective stock in coordination with CFA team and vendor .
- Collate inputs for monthly safety journal from CFA. Share safety post on huddle ( online safety forum ) with distribution team .
- To ensure timely raising purchase orders for TL related purchases. Ensure bills are sent to accounts on time and payment to vendors within 30 days of submission by vendors .
- Work on officer development projects assigned in area of new initiative or systemic changes for productivity improvement
Volume service levels ( VSL)
Range service levels ( RSL)
SOFR ( Serviceable order fill rate )
TL Helathcard Score
Scope of Work
a) Financial Scope (Range of financial spend):
- Assist unit head in TL related commercial transactions like raising purchase order and Bill clearance
b) People Management Scope (Range of no. of Direct/ Indirect Reports):
- Coordinate with CFA team for TL operations but no direct repartee
c) Geography Coverage (Country-wide/ State-wide / Area-wide)
- TL Bhiwandi and service to sales depots in Maharashtra
d) Corporate Coverage (Company-wide / Business Unit or Function-wide / Sub-function-wide / Other):
- Servicing to west division for FG distribution in Decorative Business Unit
- Sales team , New Product team , Purchase product team , production planning team and OBL team
- CFA team , Suppliers and service providers
Role Requirements / Specifications
- Graduate in Science / commerce
- Post Graduate diploma in materials management
- For Officer-I level – None
- Conversant with Excel, Word, SAP
- Communication skills (written and verbal) for coordination with internal and external stakeholders
Graduate, Graduate Degree, Graduate Qualification
0.00 to 2.00 years