ASEAN & South Asia-India-Bangalore
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Technology & Innovation function is responsible for systems development and technology infrastructure which underpin the Bank’s client services and defines and implements the Bank’s digital and innovation agenda.
- Works with a global team size of 15+ locate at KL, London, Chennai and Bangalore.
- Champions production resilience and availability, focusing on superior client experience, by working with the businesses and technology teams
- Drive the implementation of Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) and Chaos Engineering design for all strategic systems
- The main mission of the role apart from providing superior client experience through reliability and scalability is to drive towards a fully automated and intelligent production environment leveraging instrumentation and machine learning.
- Drive effective communication between business and technology with regards to production service reliability and performance
- Drive continuous improvements in processes or systems leveraging Site Reliability Engineering methods
- Respond to, evaluate and analyse production incidents to minimise their impact as well as devise innovative solutions to prevent them in the future
- Improve the reliability and availability of systems by gathering hard data, designing systems for increased service reliability and performance
- Provide expert advice and training to our engineers as to which technology solutions and advanced reliability techniques to use on each situations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Skills – Primary:
Skills – Secondary:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and at least 12 or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience driving major transformation programmes for production resilience and performance, and client experience
- Experience with Core Java 8, Cloud Foundry (or equivalent), Amazon Web Services (or equivalent), relational and non-relational databases, and Linux, Unix systems
- Experience with distributed architecture, SOA, microservices and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Experience in Agile and Test-Driven Development (TDD) methodologies
- Experience with high availability, high-scale, and performant systems.
- Experience in Webmethods Integration Services, Broker, Docker, Kubernetes and RED HAT OCP.
Experience in Years:
- Independently deal with and investigate infrastructure issues on live production systems.
- Monitoring of infrastructure, systems and application availability and performance with Splunk, elastic, Prometheus, sysdig, Grafana etc.
- Continuous improvement of system and application monitoring and automation using Bash scripts.
- Foresee problems and prevent them from happening.
- Should be well versed in JMS/IBM-MQ concepts
- Experience with managing cloud architecture-based environment is highly desired.
- Experience with Banking will be an added advantage
- Good Communication Skills with sound stakeholder management.
- Basic knowledge in messaging components such as IBM MQ, Solace etc.
- Knowledge base in Data DB such as Cassandra, Postgress, Mongo DB.
- Good to know details of Nginx, API Gateways (Kong Preferred) and Red Hat OCP.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.