Audit helps the Board and Executive Management meet the strategic and operational objectives of the DBS Group. We conduct independent checks to ensure that the Group’s risk and control processes are adequate and effective. All our team members are highly sought-after professionals who work as trusted advisors to our clients, in all matters related to a company’s internal controls.
Support Segment Head – Audit in providing the Audit Committee, the Board of Directors and Senior Management an objective and independent quality & timely assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management and internal controls within DBIL (particularly Consumer Banking business and control & Corporate functions).
Assisting the Segment Head – Business Audit in development of the Audit strategy and audit plan for Consumer Banking business and control & Corporate functions
- Execute the audit plan and audit engagements as and when assigned, in accordance with the Departmental, ICAI and IIA standards
- Assisting the Segment Head, Business Audit for various audit related reporting
Job Duties & responsibilities
Audit Plan execution
- Conduct the continuous risk assessment (minimum annual), develop and manage the audit plan
- Support Segment Head – Business Audit in the development and maintenance of the audit strategy and plan for Treasury & Markets BU
- Manage and execute the audit plan and audit engagements as and when assigned, in accordance with Departmental, ICAI and IIA standards. Provide overall supervision to audit team in execution of audit engagements including approving the audit planning, risk matrices and testing strategy.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls’ design and Identify gaps from the review of business processes
- Analyse and Validate the red flags and exceptions generated from Trading Analytics Tool or Scripts as part of Continuous Auditing
- Actively contribute to Audit’s Vision and Mission (including ‘Future of Audit’ initiatives) through proactive, agile and continuous auditing by embracing digital and data-driven mindset and by driving/executing the audit automation initiatives
- Conduct on-going (continuous) monitoring & auditing of DBIL’s businesses by applying business, industry and market insights to identify any emerging risks
- Manage & maintain key stakeholder relationships including middle level management of the Business Units (BU) / Support Units (SU) as well as external relationships
- Promote Internal Audit’s role as a Trusted Advisor / Learning Facilitator / Boundary Spanner to the BU/SU in control matters
- Raise issues/concerns and Provide constructive advice to stakeholders so that the significant risk and control issues are escalated and resolved properly
- Build and maintain industry connect with Internal audit professionals to bring in insights on emerging risks/controls and cutting-edge internal audit practices
Subject matter expertise
- Provide subject matter expertise in the subject areas (particularly Consumer Banking business and control & Corporate functions)
- Actively advise and promptly apprise LAH / SVP – Audit and Functional Audit Head (FAH) / Deputy FAH of all major risk, control and regulatory issues arising during the audits, identified during Continuous monitoring and/or Continuous auditing, and, through regular contact with the BU/SU management.
- Support Segment Head – Business Audit in reviewing the new products / services initiatives (particularly Consumer Banking business and control & Corporate functions) from risk & control perspective
- Ascertain that major concerns and recommendations raised by internal and external auditors and regulators are resolved by the BU/SU promptly and adequately
- Support Segment Head – Business Audit in the periodic management reporting for the BU/SU
- Provide concise audit findings, Present audit reports on a timely basis, and Deliver the audits to completion within established timelines.
- Min 6-8 years’ experience in Retail Banking Audit
- Expected to understand the Internal Audit standards and the general audit practices
Education / Preferred Qualifications
- MBA / Chartered Accountant with 6-8 years’ post-qualification experience.
- Other qualifications/certifications – FRM, CFA, CIA, CISA, Treasury / Data Analytics related certifications etc. would be added advantage
- Risk and control mindset
- Excellent Data analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication, Inter-personal, negotiation and presentation skills
- Self-motivated individual with ability to excel under tight deadlines
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Innovative and Creative mindset and the ability to challenge the status quo
- Sound Audit & accounting skills
- Knowledge of Indian Audit & Accounting regulations as well as IIA Standards
- Strong knowledge of Indian regulations and Products/Processes relating to Retail Banking and Corporate Functions
All business and support functions in India including Consumer Banking and Corporate and Control Functions
- Impactful Writing
- Audit Methodologies
- People Management
- Data Analytics
- Treasury Products
- Market & Liquidity risk management
Jun 23, 2021, 4:26:49 AM