ASEAN & South Asia-India-Bangalore
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- End to end ownership of the process around cost reporting services covering Function / Segment / Regional business portfolios. Ensure high quality service delivery through measurable performance metrics ensuring effective control and risk management, stakeholder engagement and leadership development.
Key competencies & Experience:
- Accountable ownership of deliveries
- Drive end-to-end process standardisation fully aligned to Global processes, reduction of low value add activities and Business Efficiency targets
- Ownership & continuous improvement of KPIs through measurable performance metrics thereby ensuring high quality service delivery, effective control and risk management, stakeholder engagement and leadership development
- Introduce and maintain high quality standards with respect to service delivery across both sites (primary site – Chennai and secondary site – Bangalore). Ensure that all the critical performance targets/standards as agreed and defined under the Service Level Agreements are met / exceeded.
- Ensuring that an effective system of financial & operational controls are introduced, maintained and continually enhanced. Ensure adherence to Bank’s Operational Risk framework. Ensure adequate governance is exercised in the introduction/ decommissioning of new processes and that relevant documentation and controls as applicable are duly complied with.
- Ensure that activities and processes are well documented and that a robust BCP plan is in place.
- Working with Business partners, stakeholders and clients to provide vision and direction to upscale the existing level of service
- Engage senior stakeholders/business CFO’s to drive conversations in agreeing to deliver a shared agenda of improvements/enhancements within the Processes.
- Participate and provide support in all Global Finance initiatives & projects (mainly impacting cost) as launched from time to time. (E.g. Controls, Reengineering, Training etc).
- Understand the pain areas and provide recommendations for a more efficient and effective end to end process including technology related aspects.
- Embed a culture of continuous process and efficiency improvement within all teams and ensure that a process exists to constantly identify and implement improvement opportunities.
- Ensure a smooth Cost planning process for the relevant function with clear schedule and roles & responsibilities defined within the team
- Contribute to transformational agenda in terms of strategic, consensus building, driving and contributing to objectives. Participate and Support in all Global initiatives as applicable from time to time.
- Effectively lead change, manage and escalate risks arising out of transition of new processes
- A seasoned Finance Professional with a leading Global Financial Institution.
- Strong Analytical and Strategic mindset, coupled with a thorough understanding of Performance management and process Management.
- Ability to understand and connect business drivers and rationale for and application of those relevant to process.
- Significant experience of working with senior management team and of interfacing with and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Experience of having participated in any relevant strategic or finance related projects like Business Efficiency, cost optimisation/reduction projects.
- Substantial experience of banking, depth and breadth of knowledge in processes especially in the areas of Management Reporting.
- Experience of having led medium sized teams.
- A leader, a team player with the management ability and track record to secure the confidence and respect of the peers, stakeholders and the executive management team.
- Ability to culturally orient in diverse & international team environment and lead and inspire multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, multi task, lead through ambiguities, influence where he/she does not have direct authority & build on unstructured formative situations
- Chartered Accountant or MBA with 15+ years of relevant finance experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, Performance management, quantitative analysis, and market share analysis and/or competitive analysis
- Strong understanding of financial industry, specifically banking products and services
- In-depth knowledge of the drivers of businesses performance and relevant key performance measures of Banking business
- Effective communication skills, including presenting and influencing senior management.
- Make sound decisions/influence making sound decisions based on business priorities
- Comfortable dealing with incomplete information, uncertainty, change and dealing with ambiguities
- Excellent Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid people and project management skills.
- Leadership skills and ability to influence others in decision making
- Relationship and stakeholder management skills is important
- Initiative and proactive thinking
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.