Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage operations of Cloud platforms and services in scope, ensuring their stability and integrity, and meeting operational service levels.
- Ensure services are delivered to the agreed SLA, including reviewing supplier performance based on the agreed SLAs and KPIs
- Track and manage incidents, where applicable, including: Identify, log, categorize, prioritize, resolve incidents and raise a problem if required
- Ensure that incidents are followed up and solved appropriately
- Manage the lifecycle of incidents and minimize their adverse impact on business operations
- Identify, investigate, and report on incidents and review findings with key stakeholders
- Coordinate crisis management with relevant stakeholders, if required
- Oversee problem management and drive identification of root causes as well as sufficient prevention of recurrences
- Ensure adherence to documented operational procedures to maintain system integrity
- Ensure that configuration items are identified, accounted, reported, verified and audited (where applicable)
- Ensure proper user and access management. Review and approve access requests.
- Regularly recertify access.
- Ensure appropriate operational service documentation is created and accepted by stakeholders
- Identify potential improvement areas for the owned system or application and connected services
- Maintain and ensure all application data is consistent across the various repositories
- Collect and distribute knowledge about systems and services to enable effective support
- Coordinate fulfilment of service requests and conduct monitoring, tracking and reporting
- Responsible for capacity and life cycle management for the systems, tools under his/her accountability
- Take accountability to ensure adherence with Security and Compliance policies and procedures within Operations Expert service scope
- Service Financial Tracking and Reporting & provide Monthly service financial report and outlook
- Cost management: ensure cost optimization in the Cloud
- Identify and manage risks in relation to Public Cloud Services underpinning business processes.
- Operation services are delivery within agreed SLAs
- Adherence to the Novartis IT quality standards
- No major business disruptions
- Number of recurring problems
- Customer feedback (expectations met/exceeded)
- Application on boarding delivery success
- Actively contribute to the business with innovative solutions that show results in the form of cost optimization and / or growth of the business top line revenue
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- ITIL Framework & certification (minimum ITIL foundation)
- Coding experience (Pythons, Java, Powershell)
- Good written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Languages: Fluent in English (written & spoken), additional languages a plus
- More than 3 to 5 years of IT Service Operations experience in operating Cloud Services teams in global Cloud environments; delivering infrastructure and Platform services across geographic and business boundaries
- Architecture experience – responsible for influencing the design of complex public cloud Infrastructure solutions in view of automated operations
- Effective relationship management experience
- Experienced in co-ordination, directing and managing service providers
- Experience in coding / Infrastructure as code – Python / Powershell
- Experience of working in DevOPS environments
- Experience in implementing and operating: o CI/CD Pipelines & Pipeline Factories
- Artefact & Container repositories
- AMI Factories
- Container Image Factories
- Infra Code Test Automation
- App Code Test; automation
- Release Management Platform
- Backup and Restore
- Patch Management
- Metrics and Log
- Collection & Aggregation
- Event/Alert/Incident Management etc
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine
Nov Hltcr Shared Services Ind