ASEAN & South Asia-India-Chennai
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Product / Domain Knowledge
- Strategic perspective and full understanding of Policies, Procedures and Guidelines. Able to understand the product vis-a vis the other policies and identify any gaps to mitigate operational risks
Should understand the policies, Procedures & guidelines around Settlement & Remittance. Ability to understand and identify any gap to document necessary changes in the process document to mitigate operational risks.
- Work with stakeholders to operationalise the new products and draw up a process flow
Engage with stakeholders to provide input on Settlement accounting operation and involve in UAT for new product launch to ensure proper process flow & other requirement are set up for all new product launch.
- Ability to standardize and optimize processes across markets
Ability to draw up the gap analysis for settlement processess across the markets to draw a standard process to optimize.
- Full understanding of regulatory and customer risks in a product offering and devising processes to address them
As and when there are changes to Franchise/ Local Regulation / Group guidlines, work closely with the risk / compliance / Product / Policy teams and work towards change of processes in line with the guideline changes
- Contributes to and implements changes to policies and procedures.
Appriase the team on all changes in the policies & procedures related to Settlement & Remittance operation for both at Local regulation as well Franchise guidelines to ensure follow up & implementation of the changes.
- Defines products and describes complex procedures (knowledge)
Acts as SME for Settlement Procedures & Rules to help not only operation but also Product & Procedure role out.
- Researches and takes into account industry and product developments
Has up to date knowledge of industry standards, competitor offering, Practice etc and applies such knowledge to the product offerings of SCB and process imoprovement and provides any suggestions to the stakeholders as appropriate
- Contributes to new product development, if required
As and when there are new products introduced by the Group, support such new offerings by helping to devise process considering the end to end product offering and it's end use to the customers.
- Instinctive grasp gained out of experience of linkages between sub processes and related ability to identify gaps arising from any process change
To leverage on the experience and relate the primary process with the underlying sub processes
To identify any gaps arising out of process changes with reference to the primary process as well as the sub processes
- Receive environmental (regulatory , credit, market) news and evaluate processes to see if improvement is needed to meet new challenges
To be abreast of changes to guidelines issued by Franchise/ Local Regulation/ Group from time to time and apply such changes to the current processes followed with reference to Settlement process.
If there are any changes to the processes followed in line with the changes to the policies / guidelines issued by Group/Franchise/Regulatory authorities, keep all the stakeholders informed about such changes
Assess the impact of such changes and to evaluate such changes considering the TP systems involved, accounting systems etc
- Operates and makes decisions in an environment which is largely non routine, unpredictable and complex
Ability to take quick decision to ensure accurate follow up with member bank & Franchise & Other networks for Exception handling & ensure closure.
- Actively provide input for process improvements and ability to sponsor automation and implementation of end state process
To explore automation opportunity with respect to Facilitate smooth Settlement work flow, Follow up & Tracking.
- Ability to translate process feature into system functionality.
Ability to put tight tracking mechanism with auto trigger & escalation and timely closure related to remittance & settlement operation.
- Takes well informed risks to pursue activities with a superior return
Take calculated risks so that the Returns of such calculated risks are high.
- Determines resources that will be required to achieve future projects and strategies.
- Analyses business trends and recognize the risk element in the changed patterns.
- Differentiates the changed patterns at a transactional and at a business level.
- Able to control over-management of processes on account of fear of failure
- Develops a set of tools and techniques and drives their application and strives to develop and upgrade the tools used
- Forecasts future business activities, future system requirements.
Operational risk Management
- Ensure deeper understanding of transaction processing risks and provide management intervention
- Understand the Risk Dynamics, Global pressure points, stress in Market environment, Risk on global macro economics and its impact on operations
- Understand and implement the Group risk management policies, processes and structures
- Able to identify and assimilate the scope of complex risks in order to create central risk management policies and procedures.
- Highlight to Management and stakeholders business risk, evaluate impact and design/ execute actions to mitigate same.
- Ability to involve other business functions in resolving/ mitigating risk issues
- Understands and ensures awareness business policies, standard procedures and best practices
- Active management of operational losses and provide a sustainable fix
- Executes tasks and assignments accurately within team and self
- Possesses ability to differentiate between quality and excellence in the real time BAU activities
- Able to provide solutions and ideas to bring down errors.
- Create an error free culture by leveraging behavioral recognition, system requirements and other pressure points
- Create a collaborative mindset towards driving quality work
- Takes ownership of team goals and organizational goals in addition to their own
- Good understanding of customer’s requirements and what's generally offered by other similar set-ups.
- Able to generate improvement ideas from indicators and drive the team to achieve same.
- Is able to network with customers and able to manage expectations
- Is able to serve customer with high quality service within boundaries of policies and procedures without compromising on mandated procedures and able to convince customers on exceptions
- Is courageous to communicate to the customer on negative trends of service and actual root causes
- Shares critical information in a timely and effective manner
- Possess ability to understand differences in the target audience and accordingly modifies the communication style across differing cultures.
- Possess negotiation skills to achieve common goals.
- Be spontaneous in communication and handle criticisms effectively
- Displays ability to train on communication skills
- Able to identify and highlight both obvious and underlying problems and identify/implement actions to resolve same.
- Able to guide team members in managing problems and apply controls to minimize recurrence
- Able to handle conflicts through negotiation, collaboration and accommodation
- Uses tools such as flow charts, Fish Diagram, etc to disclose meaningful patterns in data
- Be sensitive to cultural differences so that there are no conflicts based on diversity
- Drives an environment for finding solutions
- Take courageous decision
- Mentors others to be solution oriented
- Involve stakeholders in managing issues
- Risk Takers and push back, when warranted
- Know your stakeholders and their goals
- Instill in your team a customer centric approach and develop a no-tolerance approach toward sloppy customer interactions
- Constantly engage stakeholders in any changes envisaged and Manage expectations and concerns
- Able to deliver meaningful MIS on areas of vital interest to stakeholders
- Be a central bridge between stakeholders and the team
- Serving on committees with members from across different functions
- Attending professional / trade association meetings
Sponsors and develops (e.g. coaches, mentors) key employees to build bench strength and ensure adequate succession planning
Ability to ensure people engagement as evidenced by My Voice. Ability to negotiate performance ratings and have courageous conversations.
Ability to work with matrix reporting relationship
Develops short and long term career development plans with employees
Builds teams using appropriate structures e.g. cross-functional, project team
Successfully identifies, develops and retains talented individuals. Allocate resources effectively to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of a unit
Ability to demonstrate integrity and encourage positive self regulation of ethical behaviour.
- Develops and implements strategies to build the capability and performance of employees at team and Business Unit levels
- Uses diversity as a strategic tool for business
- Able to contribute to the design of business process change and facilitate the changes required
- Creates clear accountability for change in measurable terms and integrates it into performance management
- Clearly communicates and develops shared reasons for change initiatives, mobilizes commitment, introduces changes to systems and structures and actively monitors progress
- Analyses and evaluates the success, failure and risk in the change process at a business or country level
- Able to convince others of the need to change and instill in team the sense of urgency for change\
- Good understanding of project management concepts
- Able to lead a large-scale project team
- Able to interact with parties outside the team to pursue actions and able vary actions , change directions depending on progress of the project without compromising project deliverables
- Able to liaise with all stakeholders and teams working on the project in terms of influencing project outcomes
- Ability to initiate projects by projecting cost benefit analysis
- Optimizes performance across the program value chain, functionally and technically.
- Conducts ongoing analysis of the project so that each investment can be monitored for its relative contribution to business goals.
Financial and Budgetary Management
- Applies internal financial processes/systems effectively (e.g. planning expenses and allocating funds appropriately, processing invoices, control)
- Takes a stand on control reports and justifies deviations from budget
- Ability to contribute ideas to influence trends which create sustainable cost advantages and scale efficiencies
- Ability to analyze the complex information in hand and identify risks involved which could have been overlooked / camouflaged
- Able to analyze the trends and patterns in the unit (Volume, capacity, performances & errors)
- Able to interpret the ratio analysis of the key elements in the units
- Ability to read and interpret the system reports to identify any out of pattern trends in the units / system
- Ability to provide information / suggest based on the trends & pattern analysis for system / process enhancements.
- Ability to evaluate data using analytical and logical reasoning to examine each component of the data provided for the purpose of drawing conclusions to help decision making.
Strategy Formulation & Implementation
Ideal Candidate :
- Has a good understanding of what the strategies and tactical goals of the organization are
- Able to execute given actions that will contribute towards achieving business strategies
- Provides ground level inputs to fit for purpose plans and upward feedback as a reality check for implementation
- Able to drive business goals among team members as per action plan and timelines percolated down
- Builds informal relationships across units to ensure best implementation processes are used and to reduce duplication
Qualification -B.Com, MBA Finance,ICWA,CA
> than 11 years of experience possessing the following skills
People Management Skills
Stake Holder Management
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.