Ashoka University (a non-profit) is a pioneering initiative in India’s higher-education space, and one of
the most visible academic brands in the country. The University’s vision is to build a world-class
university in the tradition of the Ivy League and the other top-ranked global institutions. It is also the
country’s first Liberal Arts and Sciences University built on the principles of collective public
philanthropy. We hope to be an institution that creates social impact and transforms India’s higher
The Development Team (fundraising in University parlance) at Ashoka is at the forefront of this mission.
The team works directly with 140 pioneering individuals and corporations based in India and abroad,
known as the Founders of the institution who are committed to investing in India’s future through
We are seeking a competent Assistant Manager, Communications as an addition to the team’s
communication function. The individual will serve as the strategic and creative link in aiding the
development and promotion of the University’s philanthropic initiatives. She/he will also create high-
quality products and material in support of fundraising efforts.
Assistant Manager, Communications
Vasant Kunj, South Delhi
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in design and development of high-quality communication material across multiple mediums
including written and audio-visual content
- Help in crafting high-quality proposals and presentations in collaboration with other members of
the fundraising team
- Support the execution of existing products such newsletters and information decks
- Support the execution of fundraising events across the country
- Network and collaborate with other teams, students, and alumni to gather compelling stories for
products and maintain databases of information
- Copyedit and proofread communication created by other team members
- Support digital fundraising with engaging stories, content & student journeys
- Work with freelance vendors effectively for the delivery of products - from conceptualisation and
print, to dispatch
- Coordinate operations and logistical work in adherence to existing policies and procedures
Qualifications and Competencies
- Undergraduate degree in literature/mass communication or related field.
- Approximately 1-3 years of professional experience in a related field
- Outstanding fluency in spoken English
- Exemplary writing and editing skills
- Proven abilities in content strategy and development including digital & print media.
- Knowledge of software’s such as MS Office and Adobe Suite preferred
- Good aesthetic sensibility with strong attention to detail required
- Previous experience with videos (shooting and editing) highly preferred
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Excellent team player
- Proactive attitude and willingness to learn
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work under pressure, and manage multiple tasks
- Strong networking and collaboration abilities - Must work effectively as part of a team
- Highly motivated and self-driven
Apply via Email to
Last Date for Application
24th April 2020
Preferred Starting Date
12th May 2020
Please submit a cover letter with an updated CV (stating your full name in the attachments), with details
regarding last compensation received, expected salary, and contact details for two references.
To ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please mention the complete position name in the
subject line. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Ashoka is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from qualified women are
encouraged. Remuneration will be competitive with Indian non-profit pay scales and will depend upon
candidate’s experience levels and the overall organisation’s salary structure.